CIVIL ACTION

Starlight0661

Plaintiff

v.

bibsfi4a

Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:
Starlight0661 was asked to create only 15 minutes of a 25 minute video. However she very unfortunately was forced to create the entire video instead and spent 30 hours working on the video, where she created the thumbnail, edited the video, and even meticulously subtitled it.

I. PARTIES
1. Starlight0661 (plaintiff)
2. bibsfi4a (defendant)

II. FACTS
1. Starlight0661 was led into believing that she would only be making 15 minutes of the video, and bibsfi4a would do the rest, as seen in Exhibit A.
2. She was instead forced to make all 25 minutes of the video.
3. She also did all the editing as seen in Exhibit B.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
Starlight0661 was paid only about $8,000 for what she did, however she would very reasonably like to be fully compensated for everything she did, i.e., creating the thumbnail, editing the video, and subtitling it.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. 16k for creating the entire advertisement
2. $4.8k in legal fees
($20,800 in total)

Witnesses:
  • JustADumpling
  • Panda

Evidence:

1716037419564.png

1716037513130.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 18th of May, 2024

**IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT**
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Bibsfi4a is required to appear before the Federalz Court in the case of Starlight0661 v. Bibsfi4a.

Failure to appear within **72 **hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Information - Court Rules and Procedures including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.

I am present. Due to irl, issues I cant respond / play actively.
Hence, due to that, I request a Public Defender, and I request them to dm me, for further details/ proof / arguments to win this case.

Your honor, the Defendant has retained Prestige Law, and is no longer in need of a public defender.
Screenshot 2024-05-26 112442.png

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
Motion to Dismiss​
Your honor, the Defendant respectfully requests that this case be dismissed under Rule 5.5 for lack of claim.

1. The Plaintiff claims that they are owed $16,000 for creating the entire advertisement, which includes, "creating the thumbnail, editing the video, and subtitling it." However, there is no evidence the Plaintiff did any of this, as Exhibit B shows a small portion of such video, and does not support any claim the Plaintiff makes. None of the evidence above can reasonably be expected to support creating a 30 minute advertisement.

2. The Plaintiff also claims that they are owed $4,800 in legal fees. This claim has no support, as there is no evidence that the Plaintiff is even being represented by an attorney. No attorney is listed in the complaint, and the Plaintiff has failed to provide proof of representation.

The Plaintiff has not provided any sufficient evidence to support their claims. Because of this, the Defendant respectfully requests that this case is dismissed with prejudice.

Motion to Dismiss​
Your honor, the Defendant respectfully requests that this case be dismissed under Rule 5.5 for lack of claim.

1. The Plaintiff claims that they are owed $16,000 for creating the entire advertisement, which includes, "creating the thumbnail, editing the video, and subtitling it." However, there is no evidence the Plaintiff did any of this, as Exhibit B shows a small portion of such video, and does not support any claim the Plaintiff makes. None of the evidence above can reasonably be expected to support creating a 30 minute advertisement.

2. The Plaintiff also claims that they are owed $4,800 in legal fees. This claim has no support, as there is no evidence that the Plaintiff is even being represented by an attorney. No attorney is listed in the complaint, and the Plaintiff has failed to provide proof of representation.

The Plaintiff has not provided any sufficient evidence to support their claims. Because of this, the Defendant respectfully requests that this case is dismissed with prejudice.
It is the opinion of this court that your motion to dismiss for lack of claim boils down to a lack of evidence, which would typically be denied due to the discovery phase not having yet been completed. The claim itself is that a contract was broken, and that is valid grounds for a lawsuit.

However, I see the point you are making and there is a substantial lack of any foundation in the “evidence” provided by the plaintiff in this law suit.

Secondly, I agree that no proof of representation has been provided and previous precedent mostly does not provide for legal fees to be added to a case when one self-represents in court, and IF the case makes it to a verdict, and the plaintiff does not provide proof of representation then I can assure you this will be taken into consideration.

Therefore, I will give the Plaintiff (@Meowow55 ) 24 hours to provide enough justification to allow this case to proceed, otherwise I will accept this motion to dismiss.

Your Honor, apologies, I had proof of the Defendant asking the Plaintiff to include just about everything, however I was hesitant to include it as there's a lot of screenshots.

1716858391886.png

1716858411061.png

1716858508921.png

1716858522287.png

1716858534242.png

1716858545487.png

1716858559247.png

1716858578436.png

1716858588205.png

Additonally, here is the video:

Also I'd like to clarify that TasaniLuna is the plaintiff's Discord username, which is why their name is TasaniLuna in the screenshots instead of Starlight0661, which is her in-game name and the name used in the lawsuit.

Last edited:
Your honor, all the Plaintiff provided was simply the instructions on how to edit the video. None of this evidence indicates that they were forced to do more than what they were compensated for. Furthermore, the Plaintiff has still failed to provide proof of representation. The Defendant still requests that this case is dismissed with prejudice.

Starlight0661/TasaniLuna, agree to have Dragon Law represent me in court

Motion to Dismiss​

This motion to dismiss is denied. The motion was for lack of claim, for which this court deems the claim in this case is a potentially valid one. The defendant has proven that the plaintiff did ask for their services, and it shall be the purpose of this lawsuit to determine if that original agreement was legally binding, and if said agreement was violated.

I will not dismiss this case due to lack of evidence prior to the discovery period.

The defense shall have 24 hours to provide their response.

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

Starlight0661
Plaintiff

v.

bibsfi4a
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The Defendant affirms Starlight0661 was led into believing that she would only be making 15 minutes of the video, and bibsfi4a would do the rest, as seen in Exhibit A.
2. The Defendant disputes that she was instead forced to make all 25 minutes of the video.
3. The Defendant disputes she also did all the editing as seen in Exhibit B.

II. DEFENCES
1. The Defendant was never "forced" into doing anything. The Defendant was given a choice of editing the remainder of the video themselves, or letting the Defendant edit the rest of it. The Plaintiff chose to edit the remainder of the video.
2. While the Plaintiff has provided screenshots of video editing instructions, they have yet to provide to the court evidence of their contributions to the video.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 28th day of May 2024

The Defendant wishes to enter the following interrogatory:
1. Did the Defendant offer to pay the Plaintiff for editing more of the video?

Granted, the plaintiff shall be required to answer this question within 48 hours of it being ask d. The defense has 4 remaining interrogatories.

I don't believe that the defendant offered to pay more.

Motion to Dismiss
Your honor, the Defendant move that this case is dismissed with prejudice under rule 5.5 for lack of claim. The entire basis of this case is that the Plaintiff was not compensated for the work that they did. However, the Plaintiff continued to work, there was no mention of pay from neither the Plaintiff nor the Defendant. Because of this, it can reasonably be implied that the $8,000 that the Plaintiff was given as compensation for completing the entire video. Because of this, the Defendant requests that the Court dismisses this case with prejudice.

EDIT: Plaintiff->Defendant

Motion to Dismiss
Your honor, the Defendant move that this case is dismissed with prejudice under rule 5.5 for lack of claim. The entire basis of this case is that the Plaintiff was not compensated for the work that they did. However, the Plaintiff continued to work, there was no mention of pay from neither the Plaintiff nor the Defendant. Because of this, it can reasonably be implied that the $8,000 that the Plaintiff was given as compensation for completing the entire video. Because of this, the Defendant requests that the Court dismisses this case with prejudice.

Response, your honor?

I don't believe that the defendant offered to pay more.
Objection, your honor. Speculation. The plaintiff will rephrase the answer to not be speculatory.

Motion to Dismiss

Before I rule on this, I want the plaintiff to provide screenshots of the initial request where the defendant solicited services from the plaintiff.

There is one message that states “you will be paid this video editing”.

This statements leads me to believe that perhaps this was an additional request by the defendant to the plaintiff outside of the original scope of work.

However, with the plaintiffs response to the interrogatory, this becomes questionable.

Therefore, I will give the plaintiff 24 hours from now to provide evidence that the video editing was outside the scope requested with the original contract or solicitation by the defendant, otherwise I will rule in favor of the motion to dismiss.

Objection, your honor. Speculation. The plaintiff will rephrase the answer to not be speculatory.
Overruled. I will not allow an objection to a statement made by your own firm on behalf of your client. This is quite unprofessional and I recommend that you ensure your answers accurately represent the will of your client prior to responding in court. Also, moving forward please declare ALL attorneys that will be representing your client at the start of the case. This is your one warning, any further disruptions may result in contempt charges.

Overruled. I will not allow an objection to a statement made by your own firm on behalf of your client. This is quite unprofessional and I recommend that you ensure your answers accurately represent the will of your client prior to responding in court. Also, moving forward please declare ALL attorneys that will be representing your client at the start of the case. This is your one warning, any further disruptions may result in contempt charges.
Motion to Reconsider
Buddy, I just took back the firm less than 24 hours ago. Don't be all hard ass on me. Someone that wasn't me put a paralegal on this case without any guidance. Now I am here to right the ship and provide our client the representation they deserve. Whether or not you like the fact I objected to my own side, it doesn't change the fact the answer provided was speculation and is therefore inadmissible. Rule on law and facts, not your emotions and feelings about conduct.

This motion is rejected. I will not allow an objection to your own firms comment. Regardless of whether the comment made is speculative or not it is irrelevant as the council made the remark on behalf of their client in open court. I will not allow a professional on either side of the case to answer an interrogatory and then retract that statement. If the opposing council would like to object due it being speculative they may do so, however I will take the remark into account in my judgment.

You are more than welcome to take over this case on behalf of your companies client, I simply request that it be declared either at the beginning of the case or when the change happens moving forward.

However, I will not be disrespected and cursed at in my court room. I hereby charge AlexanderLove with one count of contempt of court, and order the DoJ to fine him appropriately.

As a friendly reminder, your deadline to respond to my previous request is still in effect.

Back