4th Anniversary Legal Eagle Popular in the Polls 3rd Anniversary
ko531
ko531
publicdefender

Username: ko531

I am representing a client

Who is your Client?: The Commonwealth of Redmont

What Case are you Appealing?: [2024] FCR 102

Link to the Original Case: Lawsuit: Adjourned - The Commonwealth of Redmont v. Alexanderlove [2024] FCR 102

Basis for Appeal: The Commonwealth wishes for this verdict to be vacated due to error of law with the interpretation. We are not requesting a retrial as that would violate citzen rights. The basis for this appeal is because right 16 states:

"XVI. No citizen shall be tried or punished again for an offence regarding a single criminal act for which they have already been finally convicted or acquitted of, in accordance with the law."

We do not believe the verdict was given in accordance with the law. First End said that:

"If the Commonwealth was ignorant and negligent in its enforcement of the law, the defendant had every right to commence legal proceedings against the government as a legal remedy."

Before FCR 99 (the case the commonwealth claimed to be fraudulent) the commonwealth became aware of this law because of FCR 98. In FCR 99 the commonwealth was not ignorant or negligent of the law which is why you will see alexander was wanted for 5 murders but only received punishment for 2 which violated no rights or laws as seen in the verdict. Therefore there no right to commence legal proceeding for ignorance or negligence.

End also stated:

"At the end of the day, the Commonwealth committed a wrong. The defendant fought the wrong in court and was not awarded damages."

No wrong was committed in the events of FCR 99. Duke said in his verdict that the DHS didnt have the power to selectively charge crimes as it could violate rights. But in FCR 99 no rights of alexanderlove's were violated. No wrong was committed which is why the case went in favor of the commonwealth.

End continued to state:

"Whether the defendant did the illegal action with a view for profit or whether they genuinely wanted to prove a point through the legal system is irrelevant"

This is very relevant. As the act of allowing damages or causing damages to happen entitles you to nothing as seen by The_Donuticus v. GER, as an organization, et al. [2022] SCR 18. This case set clear precedent that by not doing what is in your power to prevent the damages, it makes you entitled to nothing. As end agreed with our stances of alexander's intent to purposely seek damages for FCR 99 then the case had no value from the start making it a frivilous case.

Finally end said:

"I'm not satisfied that the Commonwealth suffered any quantifiable losses."

Time was spent representing a case that should have been dismissed. End agreed that Alexanderlove misrepresented and ommitted facts from the case. If all these facts were straight then the case would have been dismissed. Instead Prosecutors had to send hours defending the commonwealth. Prosecutors dont work for free meaning that damages in time and monetary value were caused to the commonwealth. End understands that defending a case can cause harm which is why he awarded Alexanderlove with legal fees yet fails to see our harm in defending FCR 99.

As you can see multiple things in the verdict are either wrong, hypocritical or poorly interpreted. This is where you can see the Error of law in this verdict meaning it must be vaccanted. This verdict was not given "in accordance with the law" as said in the 16th right. Again we are not asking for a retrial just a vacated verdict.

Supporting Evidence:

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
MOTION TO RECUSE

I move for the recusal of Justice xEndeavour due to him being the one who issued the verdict being appealed in this matter.

I recuse myself

Back