Change Maker Popular in the Polls Statesman 4th Anniversary
lcn
lcn
specialadvisor
A
BILL
To

Amend the Economic Standards Act

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the "Commission Worker's Wage Act".
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Act has been authored by: Representative lcn.
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by: Deputy Speaker zLost.

2 - Reasons
(1) Many active government workers go without a wage.
(2) All government workers deserve a wage.
(3) To encourage players to work for the government.

3- Amendment
The Economic Standards Act shall be amended as follows:

"4- Government Wages
(1) There are five levels of salaries provided by the Government.
(a) The Executive has exclusive jurisdiction as to what salary level occupations fall into.
(b) Legislative or Judicial salaries cannot be withheld.
(c) Changes to the salaries of Representatives and Senators take effect following the next election for that chamber.
(d) A Judge's remuneration cannot be decreased without the unanimous consent of that occupation (i.e., All Justices must agree on pay decreases to the Justice occupation)
(2) Salary Levels
(a) Level 0: Commission
(a) Level 1: $50/15min - Leaders of Government Branches; Significant Responsibility, management, and governance.
(b) Level 2: $45/15min - Members of peak bodies within the Government branches; A great amount of responsibility, management, and governance. Additionally, a lot of work off the server.
(c) Level 3: $40/15min - Middle management of departments. A large amount of responsibility, management, and governance. Little work is required of the server.
(d) Level 4: $35/15min - The base rate of Government employees. A small amount of responsibility, no management, and no governance. Little-to-no work is required off the server.
(e) Level 5: $30/15min - A lesser rate where commissions are also present.
(3) Wage Guide
(a) The Executive will maintain a guide on forums called 'Government Pay' that will list Government pay levels and their associated occupations."

4- Wage Level Clarification
(1) Until the Executive decides on the salary level of current level 0 occupations, they shall be promoted to a level 5 salary.

Last edited:
Nay, many jobs don’t do their work in game and a commission better pays them. For example, a prosecutor would make pennies for their labor on an in-game wage but makes a reasonable lawyer salary with the commission system.

Nay, many jobs don’t do their work in game and a commission better pays them. For example, a prosecutor would make pennies for their labor on an in-game wage but makes a reasonable lawyer salary with the commission system.
They will still make commission. They will just get a wage as well

They will still make commission. They will just get a wage as well
There is a level of wage specifically for when there is commission: "Level 5: $30/15min - A lesser rate where commissions are also present."

There is a level of wage specifically for when there is commission: "Level 5: $30/15min - A lesser rate where commissions are also present."
I believe the law needs to be more clear and explicit about this. I stand by my nay, but hope we can amend this into a serviceable bill.

I believe the law needs to be more clear and explicit about this. I stand by my nay, but hope we can amend this into a serviceable bill.
A level 4 wage ($35/15 minutes) is the base rate of Government Employees. When there is a commission present, a level 5 wage may be used ($30/15 minutes).

There is no reason to have two levels of commission pay. All government workers should have a wage.

Back