3rd Anniversary Grave Digger Popular in the Polls Change Maker
zLost
zLost
eventmanager
A
BILL
To

Amend the Standardized Criminal Code Act​

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the 'Ex Post Facto Clarification Act.'
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Act has been authored by Rep zLost.
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by Rep lcn.

2 - Reasons
(1) The current definition for Ex-Post Facto doesn't cover what the widely accepted definition of Ex-Post Facto would cover.
(2) Right now, congress can just rush to pass a law during a case to interfere with it, this bill aims to fix that.

3 - Amendment
Under Section 4, Legal Principles, the following will be amended from:
(4) Ex-Post Facto (Original: Pacman - May 26, 2020)
(i) Individuals cannot be subject to punishments for criminal actions if it was not illegal at the time it was committed.

To:
(4) Ex-Post Facto (Original: Pacman - May 26, 2020)
(i) Individuals cannot be subject to punishments for criminal actions if it was not illegal at the time it was committed.
(ii) Any legislation that has passed after a lawsuit has been filed, will not be considered in that lawsuit, nor in the appeal of that lawsuit and the case that takes place if the appeal for that lawsuit has been accepted.

Last edited:
Sometimes this is necessary to protect public interest and the courts should consider this when issuing verdicts if cases are filed and ongoing prior to quick fixes.

Sometimes this is necessary to protect public interest and the courts should consider this when issuing verdicts if cases are filed and ongoing prior to quick fixes.
I believe those sometimes are more rare than the times when congress is easily able to abuse this to get a cased ruled in their favor, specially if there is a majority party in congress.

Legislative supremacy - a political concept that the legislative body has absolute sovereignty and is supreme over all other government institutions, including executive or judicial bodies.

I agree with end

Back