CIVIL ACTION

hugebob23456
Plaintiff

v.

partypig678
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

On multiple occasions the defendant has made slanderous accusations towards the plaintiff with the intent to damage their political objectives. On the 25th of September the plaintiff finally decided that the defendant had done enough damage in his actions and that a lawsuit was more than justified. The slanderous accusations for which the plaintiff has presented include accusations that the plaintiff "hate capitlzem", "Takes are work from amazon", "scams the consumer", and "sell [iron] for 5$ for 1". Defendant has on multiple occasions made similar slanderous accusations directed at the plaintiff and has had the legality of such accusations explained to him. Defendant frequently scouts out Mooshroom pricing with the intent to undercut their prices, and therefore is fully aware of Mooshroom's pricing for Iron Ingots.

I. PARTIES
1. hugebob23456 (plaintiff)
2. partypig678 (defendant)

II. FACTS
1. plaintiff is contesting the DRP nomination for President.
2. defendant opposes plaintiff's candidacy
3. plaintiff sells Iron Ingots through his company Mooshroom at a rate of $4 per ingot.
4. plaintiff does not purchase Iron Ingots from Amazon with the express intent to resell it through Mooshroom

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. These blatantly false accusations have harmed my reputation, my business operations, and have damaged my bid for the Presidency.
2. Damages to political operations is not measurable, however damage to business operations likely exceeds $10,000.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $7,000 from the defendant for damages to reputation, political campaigning, business operations, and legal fees.

pigslander1.PNG

pigslander2.PNG

DATED: This 25th day of September 2020

Last edited:
Courts emblem.png

Summons
Case No. 09-2020-25

The court hereby orders partypig678, to act as defendant in the court of DemocracyCraft. If a response to this Summons is not made within Twenty Four Hours, at the time of 9/27/20 1:40 AM MDT. A Judgement will be passed in favor of the Plaintiffs.

IN THE COURT OF DEMOCRACYCRAFT
MOTION TO DISMISS

hugebob23456
Plaintiff

v.

partypig678 (Milkcrack Representing)
fdsfd.PNG

Defendant

Case No. 09-2020-25

MOTION TO DISMISS
Defendant move that the complaint, in this case, is dismissed, and in support thereof, respectfully alleges:
1. The plaintiff and the defendant have come to a settlement agreement

2020-09-25_22.09.47.png
2020-09-25_22.09.50.png

2020-09-25_22.09.51.png

DATED: This 26 day of September 2020

Notice that the defendant has NOT signed the book and when I proposed the deal to the defendant they expressed that they had no intent to sign the book. This is perjury, which is illegal. https://forums.democracycraft.net/threads/perjury-act.862/. If the defendant does wish to accept this deal I am still willing to, we need to meet in game to each sign 2 copies of this document. Today, 9/26/20, and tomorrow, 9/27/20, I work and will only be available after 8pm EST (2AM in Sweden).

Your honour,

I would like to Renounce this motion to dismiss and my sincerest apologies to the honourable judge, the plaintiff and the defendant for this mishap.
But note: This is not considered perjury because the following condition is not met:
(1) Giving knowingly incorrect testimony to the Government shall be considered Perjury.
I will accept the consequences The judge sees fit within reason.
I would like to submit a new motion to dismiss if this is oke with the judge.

My sincere apologies for my recent absence.
To start, blockblowers, what part are you in this case? This has not been brought before the court. Beginning arguments can not begin until all parties are introduced.

Good evening(at least for me) judge UtahCowboy20. My name is MilkCrack (also known as Blockblowers) and I will be representing partypig678 in this case.
1601487664862.png

Wonderful, now that this is out of the way. I would like some clarification. The plaintiff claims that the defendant has slandered him. What reason is there a contract?

Your honor, I drafted the contract displayed in an attempt to settle this matter out of court. The defendant declined to sign the contract. It is therefore not binding in any manner. I do believe the defendant's legal council made an honest mistake in believing I had successfully made a deal with the defendant and have no intentions to pursue perjury charges. The contract should be disregarded for the remainder of this trial.

This has been noted. Does the plaintiff have proof of a decline of sales, or real damage to a political campaign?

Your honor, such evidence would be irrelevant. Slander is a statement which intends to harm one's reputation, such a statement does not necessarily need to harm one's reputation. That being said, I narrowly lost the DRP nomination for President by a margin of 51.1% to 48.9%, which must in part be due to the defendant's constant false allegations about my policy and my business. The defendant's business is a direct competitor to my own business, these false allegations against my business benefited his own business therefore harming my own.

I'd like to note that should the court find that the defendant did in fact commit slander but the total claim for $7,000 is excessive, it is fully within the Court's power to demand partial compensation. Full text of the Slander Act (it's a clickable link, new forums text decoration is broken smh): https://democracycraft.net/threads/slander-act.404/

Attached is a screenshot from the DRP discord's announcement channel of the Primary election's results. (this channel is public)
1601772612355.png

Verdict

It is recognized by the court that attempt of slander was made by the defendant. However, due to insufficient evidence of real harm done to the reputation of the plaintiff. It would not be an appropriate action of this court to order restitution. Therefore this case is hereby dismissed.

As outlined in the Court Process lack of evidence is not a valid reason for dismissal...
1601775786433.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back