Construction & Transport Department
Redmont Bar Assoc.
Change Maker Popular in the Polls Statesman
itsBlazeX
itsBlazeX
recruit
IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
CIVIL ACTION

ItsBlazeX (Prestige Law Firm representing)
Plaintiff

V.

Atreides
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:
On May 29th, 2024, ItsBlazeX attempted to withdraw money from their Atreides bank account. But since requesting for his money to be withdrawn, a week has passed and ItsBlazeX has been ghosted by Atreides! ItsBlazeX no longer has access to the money that he trusted would be safe with Atreides. As a result of Atreides Bank’s inability to act, ItsBlazeX has been unable to afford basic necessities, and has been forced to work extra with the DCT as a Building Inspector in order to make a living. In addition, ItsBlazeX has 5 employees that are owed a paycheck that have been unable to receive it because of Atreides.

I. PARTIES
1. ItsBlazeX (Plaintiff)
2. Atreides (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. On May 29th, 2024, ItsBlazeX requested to withdraw $5,000 from Atreides Bank (Evidence A).
2. ItsBlazeX owed 5 employees paychecks on May 31st, 2024.
3. Atreides has still not responded a week later to ItsBlazeX’s withdrawal (Evidence A.
4. ItsBlazeX has been unable to pay his employees.
5. ItsBlazeX has $31,500 deposited into his Atreides account (Evidence B).
6. Atreides claims all withdrawals will be processed in 36 hours (Evidence C).

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. Atreides has failed to uphold their promise of processing withdrawals within 36 hours. Because of this, ItsBlazeX has been unable to receive their funds in their account. As a result, the Plaintiff seeks additional damages for not being able their money in the timeframe that the bank promised them.
2. According to the Legal Damages Act, Punitive Damages are “awarded against a person to punish them for their outrageous conduct and to deter them and others like them from similar conduct in the future.” The act of Atreides withholding the Plaintiff’s own money is certainly outrageous. When a person deposits their money into a bank, they trust that bank to safeguard their money, and to provide the depositor with their funds in a quick time frame. In this instance, the bank even gave the depositor a time frame of 36 hours. As of the filing of this lawsuit, 168 hours have passed. Punitive Damages are necessary to prevent banks from denying depositors the right to withdraw their deposited funds in the future.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
1. $31,500 for the Plaintiff’s deposit in Atreides Bank.
2. $100,000 in Punitive Damages.
3. $50,000 in Consequential Damages by forcing the Plaintiff to work more than typically required to maintain financial stability.
4. $50,000 in Consequential Damages for putting the Plaintiff at risk of lawsuits. By not providing the Plaintiff their funds in their bank account, the Plaintiff has not been able to pay their employees, and this therefore breaching their employment agreement with their employees.
5. $69,450 (or 30% of total case value) in Legal Fees.

V. EVIDENCE

Evidence A
1717633994860.png

Evidence B
AD_4nXc-9O0l_p6rmoYbDLlfilsLIrob722voN3Nh1OS0RIv1TLpF17kNzWWK9WUPjQCcpCqNCwJIEQrN6_PgmDZy0WqfxBU7XjIAqD4Je0JOk5po27scuyijcjajYxSBdhUriVUKjj6uKywV_-nyBDLatFRmwv8
AD_4nXcY6WKjMXOkueDfofI6sYbLEqx0Wet3oIm3RMO49p7wTe1nNQ2IwZZDLc3PPedBX-DoUkXJcJCWMpKF17Y8FfFXWWT45ta36aBU9ktSBGy4nzio4Oc2laLmKJbJsEPdnxnFW78AcCSwyx0bzJyP672XC_GW

Evidence C
AD_4nXebRgUJIgtuzEs31MlEY8leBPQaOKmOMXR5Mf89k7zz8TUn-U0V4DYN-B0NJ-vtIq4GBsgOlun74XIiI3hpbZgOKZwFYfkfC6djhrKC7R_IGifbajSExh3PLCPcmr6v04rSGIP3vjhGNUU4zVbjYab312mU

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 5th day of June 2024

Seal_Judiciary.png

WRIT OF SUMMONS
@antilethal are required to appear before the Federal Court in the case of ItsBlazeX v Atreides. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures , including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

Your honor, as the CTO of Atreides, I request to file an amicus brief.

Amicus Curiae Brief

Good day, your honor. I wish to highlight several facts.

Atreides' Terms did not state a 36h deadline for withdrawals. It was strongly sought after, but not guaranteed. Everyone agrees to a contract stating:

Please read our account contract and information. By opening an account, you automatically agree to the terms within - Hello! | Atreides Client Handbook

The  terms are specifically laid out under a header labeled "Terms" on most pages. The information elsewhere in the handbook is likely not legally binding.

The CEO and Primary (and only?) Shareholder went MIA. Antilethal owns and operates Atreides. I am merely an employee. I can only assume he has suffered from something major IRL. I recently returned from a long-term IRL issue myself, and am only today beginning to work on handling deposits & withdrawals. I hope the court would not approve wildly outrageous damages for IRL circumstances.

If I were representing the Defendant, there would certainly be more to say regarding the Legality of Blaze's actions, but I'm not (at least currently). That is all.

Amicus Curiae Brief

Good day, your honor. I wish to highlight several facts.

Atreides' Terms did not state a 36h deadline for withdrawals. It was strongly sought after, but not guaranteed. Everyone agrees to a contract stating:

Please read our account contract and information. By opening an account, you automatically agree to the terms within - Hello! | Atreides Client Handbook

The  terms are specifically laid out under a header labeled "Terms" on most pages. The information elsewhere in the handbook is likely not legally binding.

The CEO and Primary (and only?) Shareholder went MIA. Antilethal owns and operates Atreides. I am merely an employee. I can only assume he has suffered from something major IRL. I recently returned from a long-term IRL issue myself, and am only today beginning to work on handling deposits & withdrawals. I hope the court would not approve wildly outrageous damages for IRL circumstances.

If I were representing the Defendant, there would certainly be more to say regarding the Legality of Blaze's actions, but I'm not (at least currently). That is all.

Thank you for your brief, all deadlines are still in effect.

@antilethal is hereby held in Contempt, court is in recess pending verdict.

Verdict

VERDICT

itsBlazeXv. Atreides [2024] FCR 84

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. Atreides Bank has failed to respond to a withdraw request for over a week.
2. Atreides has failed to uphold its 36 Hour withdraw guarantee.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. No Defense Given

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. When it come down to it, the bank has gone inactive and the leadership is unable to access the funds.
2. At the time of this Verdict, the DOC have taken control of the bank and begun the process of returning the funds to their respective clients.
3. In the Handbook it explicitly says that Deposits and Withdraws are done within 36 Hours, the Terms section says nothing about this and doesn't elaborate on it further, leaving the client to believe that they will get their money within 36 Hours. It is the opinion of this court that the Bank has failed to do so.

IV. DECISION
1. The Court hereby rules in favor of the Plaintiff and will be granting a modified Prayer for Relief.
2. The Court hereby awards the plaintiff $10,000 in punitive damages. The CEO should have left provisions for the bank in such a case and been more forthcoming with information.
3. $5,000 in Legal Fee's to be awarded to itBlazeX
4. The Court hereby orders the Department of Commerce to review the Banks status as such and take appropriate action to ensure that this does not happen again.

The Federal Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back