CIVIL ACTION

MegaMinerM

v.

Lovely Incorporated
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF
On the 20th March 2024 MegaMinerM was hired by Lovely Incorporated as an associate (Employment 1) with a pay of $1,000 a week (Lawyer pay). On the 24th March 2024 he was promoted to Partner (promotion) with a pay of $5,000 a week (Lawyer pay). He was also offered a $1,000 bonus (bonus). However, since his employment he hasn't received a single paycheck for his work within Lovely Incorporated, resulting in 12 weeks of unpaid work.

I. PARTIES
1. MegaMinerM

2. Lovely Incorporated
3. Snowy_Heart
4. bibsfi4a

II. FACTS
1. MegaMinerM was hired by Lovely Law as an Associate on March 20th 2024 with a pay of $1,000 per week.
2. MegaMinerM was promoted to partner on March 24th 2024 with a pay of $5,000 and a $1,000 bonus.
3. MegaMinerM still hasn't been paid for his work, resulting in 12 weeks of unpaid work.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. MegaMinerM has worked for Lovely Incorporated for 12 weeks and counting without getting paid.
2. Lovely Incorporated has limited the financial abilities of MegaMinerM, by not paying him his salary.
3. Lovely Incorporated has put MegaMinerM under significant financial stress due to him not getting paid his salary.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $60,000 in unpaid salaries
2. $1,000 unpaid bonus
3. $5,000 for every week this lawsuit carries on
4. $30,000 Late fee
5. $20,000 for putting MegaMinerM under significant financial stress.
6. $30,000 for loss of enjoyment.
7. 30% of case value in legal fees

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 13th day of June 2024

Attachments

• Bonus.png
    Bonus.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Employment 1.png
    Employment 1.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Lawyer Pay.png
    Lawyer Pay.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Promotion.png
    Promotion.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 9
Seal_Judiciary.png

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Bibsfi4a is required to appear before the Federal Court in the case of MegaMinerM v. Lovely Incorporated. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures , including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

@Bibsfi4a is hereby held in Contempt, before I issue a verdict, could you please reattach the original images? They are not loading for me.

I have attached them below your honour.

Attachments

• Employment 1.png
    Employment 1.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Bonus.png
    Bonus.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Lawyer Pay.png
    Lawyer Pay.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Promotion.png
    Promotion.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 38
Thank you. Court is in recess pending verdict.

Verdict

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

MegaMinerM v. Lovely Incorporated [2024] FCR 89

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION

1. The Plaintiff, MegaMinerM, was hired by Lovely Incorporated on March 20, 2024, as an associate with a weekly salary of $1,000.

2. On March 24, 2024, MegaMinerM was promoted to Partner with an increased salary of $5,000 per week and a promised $1,000 bonus.

3. Despite these agreements, MegaMinerM has not received any compensation for his work over the past 12 weeks.

4. The Plaintiff claims that Lovely Incorporated’s failure to pay has caused significant financial stress and limited his financial capabilities.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
  1. Lovely Incorporated defense has not formally responded to the allegations or presented a defense in this matter.

III. THE COURT OPINION
  1. This default ruling is based on the information presented by the parties and matters commonly known to the public.

2. The Plaintiff, not being paid by an employer, is entitled to compensation for the work performed. However, the Plaintiff continued to work for 12 weeks without pay and did not provide evidence or statements regarding attempts to mitigate damages by requesting pay or ceasing to work for the firm. Any party should make reasonable attempts to avoid allowing damages to occur.

3. The bonus supposed to be paid, as indicated in the provided evidence, was related to a work item which this court has no way of proving happened and therefore cannot consider for compensation.

4. Many of the prayers for relief hold no weight, such as "Late fee" and being paid for every week the lawsuit continues.
The overall view of this case by the court is as follows: The Plaintiff was clearly hired by the law firm and worked for 12 weeks without pay but should have quit and requested their pay after the first or second missed payroll, thereby they were allowing these damages to occur.

IV. DECISION
  1. In the matter of FCR 89, I rule in favor of the Plaintiff with a modified prayer for relief.
  2. Lovely Incorporated is ordered to pay the Plaintiff $60,000 for 12 weeks of unpaid salary (the Plaintiff should have attempted to mitigate damages by quitting or requesting pay sooner).
  3. Lovely Incorporated is ordered to pay the Plaintiff $1,500 for legal fees.

The Federal Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back