CIVIL ACTION

RylandW (Prestige Law Representing)
Plaintiff

V.

Krix
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:
On June 4th, 2024, Krix posted a forged screenshot attempting to make RylandW appear as if he was bribing voters. Because of this, RylandW’s reputation has been ruined! Not only did he forge a document to slander RylandW’s reputation, but he proceeded to act as though the image were real. Krix has a history of forging documents to ruin people’s reputation, and he must be punished for his outrageous actions.

I. PARTIES
1. RylandW (Plaintiff)
2. Krix (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. On June 4th, 2024, Krix posted an falsified screenshot of a message with RylandW in #politics.
2. The image Krix posted contained slanderous material about RylandW, attempting to convince the public that RylandW bribes voters.
3. RylandW’s reputation has been damaged as a result of Krix’s actions.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. According to the Defamation Act October 2020, Libel is defined as “a published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation.” The image Krix published can be considered libel, as it was a false document made public, and has damaged RylandW’s reputation.
2. According to the Legal Damages Act, punitive damages “are awarded against a person to punish them for their outrageous conduct and to deter them and others like them from similar conduct in the future.” The act of taking time to forge a document, and then convince the public that it is real to ruin the reputation of someone is certainly outrageous. Krix has already forged documents in the past, if punitive damages aren't awarded in this case, there is nothing stopping Krix from doing this again.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
1. $50,000 in Punitive Damages for committing an outrageous act.
2. $50,000 as punishment for slander, as stated in the Defamation Act October 2020.
3. $50,000 for the Loss of Enjoyment of Redmont. Politics was RylandW’s favorite thing about Redmont, but RylandW cannot participate in politics in the way he did before now that Krix has slandered RylandW’s reputation as a politician.
4. A public apology from Krix, as well as a public statement stating that Krix forged the image.
5. 30% of case value in legal fees.

V. EVIDENCE
P-001
AD_4nXe1Illa2Nq-lKPbFphybKDWzZNvBJE9tKrE6nd5HmW3LfK8FaQ_uYc31feHtcUnUVLFyvFKTtiHJjk6DHi6SK0UTn0cVPKXfOvln7q-zJTpDA1zJ7p59FNHep8TXEjOxPcqfrvN5Q504g4NkC8V-qckgT7f

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 16th day of June 2024

Seal_Judiciary.png

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Krix is required to appear before the Federal Court in the case of RylandW v. Krix. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures , including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

RylandW (Represented by Prestige Law Firm)
Plaintiff

v.

Krix (Represented by Dragon Law Firm)
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The defense disputes that "Krix posted an falsified screenshot of a message with RylandW in #politics."
2. The defense disputes that "The image Krix posted contained slanderous material about RylandW, attempting to convince the public that RylandW bribes voters" as there is no proof of an image being posted.
3. The defense disputes that "RylandW’s reputation has been damaged as a result of Krix’s actions."

II. DEFENCES
1. The defense lacks evidence of any claim, including alleged forgery and slander.
2. The defense lacks evidence of injury.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 19th day of June, 2024.

MOTION TO DISMISS

Plaintiff

v.

Defendant

MOTION TO DISMISS
Defendant move that the complaint in this case be dismissed, and in support thereof, respectfully alleges:
1. The defense moves to dismiss the case with prejudice under rule 2.2, a sua sponte dismissal. The plaintiff has not demonstrated any injury being done to the plaintiff by the defendant. The evidence only provides an allegedly forged photograph, not proof that Krix disseminated it nor displayed proof that the plaintiff was actually harmed by allegedly slanderous remarks / media.
2. The defense moves to dismiss the case with prejudice under rule 5.5, lack of claim. The plaintiff has shown no evidence of any cause of damages. This follows a similar line of reasoning to part one of this motion.
3. The defense moves to dismiss the case with prejudice under rule 5.5, lack of claim. The entire case rests on the claim that Krix doctored a photo and intentionally spread false information to defame the plaintiff. Even if Krix did disseminate a photo, there is no proof Krix doctored it or knew it was doctored, if it even was doctored.

COUNTERCLAIM

Plaintiff

v.

Defendant

COMPLAINT

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF
The defense is countersuing for legal fees due to the frivolous nature of this case and the immense legal fees incurred by Krix as a result of the plaintiff's unfounded allegations. Dragon Law Firm is not cheap, and demands 30% of the value of the case from Krix to defend him from this lawsuit.

I. PARTIES
1. Krix (Counterplaintiff)
2. RylandW (Counterdefendant)

II. FACTS
1. A frivolous lawsuit was filed by the plaintiff.
2. Dragon Law Firm will be billing Krix $45,000 (30% of the prayers for relief) for this case.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. The Legal Damages Act permits the defense to collect $5,000 or 30% of the value of the case, whichever is higher, if it prevails over the plaintiff.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $45,000 in legal fees (30% of the $150,000 the plaintiff seeks).

The plaintiff has 48 hours to respond to both the Motion to Dismiss and the Counter Claim.

Your honor, before I respond, I respectfully request that you order the opposing counsel to provide proof of representation.

Edit: Your ->You

I trust Mr. Love would only appear in court if he was authorized to represent the client. Mr. Blaze Please respond to the motion and counter claim within the timeline.

IMG_7071.png

Here is proof of representation to prevent any future issues.

MOTION TO DISMISS

Plaintiff

v.

Defendant

MOTION TO DISMISS
Defendant move that the complaint in this case be dismissed, and in support thereof, respectfully alleges:
1. The defense moves to dismiss the case with prejudice under rule 2.2, a sua sponte dismissal. The plaintiff has not demonstrated any injury being done to the plaintiff by the defendant. The evidence only provides an allegedly forged photograph, not proof that Krix disseminated it nor displayed proof that the plaintiff was actually harmed by allegedly slanderous remarks / media.
2. The defense moves to dismiss the case with prejudice under rule 5.5, lack of claim. The plaintiff has shown no evidence of any cause of damages. This follows a similar line of reasoning to part one of this motion.
3. The defense moves to dismiss the case with prejudice under rule 5.5, lack of claim. The entire case rests on the claim that Krix doctored a photo and intentionally spread false information to defame the plaintiff. Even if Krix did disseminate a photo, there is no proof Krix doctored it or knew it was doctored, if it even was doctored.

ANSWER TO MOTION TO DISMISS
1) The defense claims this case can be dismissed under rule 2.2. Rule 2.2 states "Failure to meet all parts of Rule 2.1 can be grounds for a Sua Sponte dismissal." Rule 2.1 states, "
In order for a plaintiff to pursue a case, they must show the following to the court: 1. Suffered some injury caused by a clear second party; or is affected by an application of law. 2. The cause of injury was against the law.
3. Remedy is applicable under relevant law that can be granted by a favorable decision. In this case, RylandW's reputation was damaged because of the defendant's actions. Part 1 of the rule is met. Slander is against the law, this fulfills part 2. And lastly, many damages can apply to this case, so a remedy is definitely applicable. All 3 parts of this rule are met, and this is not valid reasoning to dismiss this case.

2) The defense states that the plaintiff has not demonstrated any injury being done to the plaintiff by the defendant. However, the messages in #politics (P-002) following Krix's posting, clearly demonstrate that the Plaintiff's reputation was damaged.

3) The defense claims there is no evidence that this photo is forged. However, at first glance of the photo, it is clear that it is doctored. The second message shown in the photo is sent at 3:45 PM. However, the third message is sent on the same day at 3:42 PM. This does not logically make any sense, and is clear evidence that the image was forged by the defendant.

The Plaintiff wishes to enter the following as evidence.
(P-002)
1718887362969.png

Edit-> Fixed broken attachment

COUNTERCLAIM

Plaintiff

v.

Defendant

COMPLAINT

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF
The defense is countersuing for legal fees due to the frivolous nature of this case and the immense legal fees incurred by Krix as a result of the plaintiff's unfounded allegations. Dragon Law Firm is not cheap, and demands 30% of the value of the case from Krix to defend him from this lawsuit.

I. PARTIES
1. Krix (Counterplaintiff)
2. RylandW (Counterdefendant)

II. FACTS
1. A frivolous lawsuit was filed by the plaintiff.
2. Dragon Law Firm will be billing Krix $45,000 (30% of the prayers for relief) for this case.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. The Legal Damages Act permits the defense to collect $5,000 or 30% of the value of the case, whichever is higher, if it prevails over the plaintiff.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $45,000 in legal fees (30% of the $150,000 the plaintiff seeks).

MOTION TO DISMISS

Krix
Counterplaintiff

v.

RylandW
Counterdefendant

MOTION TO DISMISS
1. The counterplaintiff's reasoning for filing this counterclaim is that they believe the plaintiff's case to be frivolous. As shown in the answer to motion to dismiss, this is not a frivolous case by any means, and has valid reasoning to be heard in Court.
2. In almost every case, the client is required to pay their counsel. There is no reason the counterdefendant should be ordered to pay the counterplaintiff's legal fees. By hiring an attorney, you are required to pay them. It is ridiculous that my client should be ordered to pay the the counterplaintiff's legal fees. If the counterplaintiff can't pay it himself, then he should have requested a public defender. But the counterplaintiff chose private legal counsel, and it is now his responsibility to pay their counsel, not my client.

DATED: This 20th day of June 2024

The Plaintiff wishes to enter the following as evidence.
(P-002)
View attachment 44645

Edit-> Fixed broken attachment
Objection, your honor, breach of procedure. It is not discovery yet.

Objection, your honor. This is hearsay. Intercepticon should be called as a witness, posting his out of court statements is hearsay as it denies cross examination.

MOTION TO DISMISS

Krix
Counterplaintiff

v.

RylandW
Counterdefendant

MOTION TO DISMISS
1. The counterplaintiff's reasoning for filing this counterclaim is that they believe the plaintiff's case to be frivolous. As shown in the answer to motion to dismiss, this is not a frivolous case by any means, and has valid reasoning to be heard in Court.
2. In almost every case, the client is required to pay their counsel. There is no reason the counterdefendant should be ordered to pay the counterplaintiff's legal fees. By hiring an attorney, you are required to pay them. It is ridiculous that my client should be ordered to pay the the counterplaintiff's legal fees. If the counterplaintiff can't pay it himself, then he should have requested a public defender. But the counterplaintiff chose private legal counsel, and it is now his responsibility to pay their counsel, not my client.

DATED: This 20th day of June 2024
Objection, your honor. Breach of procedure. This motion to dismiss violates rule 5.1, specification of the rule to dismiss under.

The defendant has 48 hours to respond to the counter claim motion to dismiss.

Both objections are sustained @itsBlazeX please wait until discovery to submit evidence.

Objection, your honor. Relevance. “Randy Ryan” is not relevant to the case.
Overruled for now. This evidence was already struck for the previous objection you may object if the plaintiff submits it again during discovery.

Mr. Love do not delete anything in this courtroom.

Overruled for now. This evidence was already struck for the previous objection you may object if the plaintiff submits it again during discovery.
Apologies I posted that right as you ruled on the others. I posted an objection to the motion to dismiss, your honor in case it got buried.

Objection, your honor. Breach of procedure. This motion to dismiss violates rule 5.1, specification of the rule to dismiss under.
Sustained. The motion to dismiss is struck.

MOTION TO DISMISS

Plaintiff

v.

Defendant

MOTION TO DISMISS

The Motion to Dismiss is denied. The original complaint meets the requirements of a basic lawsuit and therefore will not be subject to a Sua Sponte Dismissal. Regarding the claim of lack of grounds, the claims and facts listed in the complaint are sufficient to establish grounds for a claim. This case will proceed to discovery to allow for the submission of additional evidence. Lastly, the argument that there is no proof that Krix doctored the photo he disseminated is flawed. If Krix received a doctored image of messages allegedly between himself and another party, it stands to reason he would know if he had sent those messages or not. This decision does not prevent the defendant from submitting another motion to dismiss after the discovery phase.

We will now move into a 7 Day Discovery period. Should both sides agree, discovery can be ended early.

During this time any evidence or witnesses need to be asked/submitted. We will not be allowing new evidence or witnesses to be submitted during the course of the trial.

I would like to note that the counterclaim has been acknowledged and will be reviewed when this case proceeds to verdict.

The Motion to Dismiss is denied. The original complaint meets the requirements of a basic lawsuit and therefore will not be subject to a Sua Sponte Dismissal. Regarding the claim of lack of grounds, the claims and facts listed in the complaint are sufficient to establish grounds for a claim. This case will proceed to discovery to allow for the submission of additional evidence. Lastly, the argument that there is no proof that Krix doctored the photo he disseminated is flawed. If Krix received a doctored image of messages allegedly between himself and another party, it stands to reason he would know if he had sent those messages or not. This decision does not prevent the defendant from submitting another motion to dismiss after the discovery phase.

We will now move into a 7 Day Discovery period. Should both sides agree, discovery can be ended early.

During this time any evidence or witnesses need to be asked/submitted. We will not be allowing new evidence or witnesses to be submitted during the course of the trial.
Motion to Reconsider
Your honor, there is no proof that Krix even disseminated a photo in the first place. Therefore there is lack of evidence for a claim. I tirelessly poured through #politics and did not find any message where Krix posted said photograph.

Denied. While I believe all available evidence should be submitted in the original complaint, both sides could still use discovery to bring more evidence to light. You may motion to reconsider again after discovery if you like.

Your honor, I tender the defendant Krix as a witness in this case. I will be adding more in the next few days.

Your honor, the plaintiff wishes to call Intercepticon to the stand.

Your honor, the plaintiff wishes to call Intercepticon to the stand.
Your honor, I object to this witness on the grounds of relevance. It is a waste of the Court's time to summon a witness who does not actively play the server anymore and hasn't for a long time.

Plaintiff has 24 hours to respond

Your honor, while this witness may not be an active DC player, he still observed Krix’s actions firsthand, and allowed them to change his opinion of the Plaintiff. This witness is highly relevant to this case.

Overruled. We will hear from the witness.

Your honor, the defense updates the witness list to:
  • Krix
  • Dusty_3
  • CaseyLeFaye
  • Soundi83

Your honor, the defense motions to end discovery early.

The plaintiff does not agree to end discovery early your honor.

Okay, then the timeline remains the same.

The Plaintiff wishes to call Dartanman, and Towloo to the stand.

The Plaintiff wishes to call Dartanman, and Towloo to the stand.
Your honor, Towloo has had access to Krix’s side of the case the whole time. To force Towloo to testify against Krix would lead to a breach of attorney client privilege as well as a conflict of interest. I motion that Towloo be stricken from the witness list.

Your honor, Towloo has had access to Krix’s side of the case the whole time. To force Towloo to testify against Krix would lead to a breach of attorney client privilege as well as a conflict of interest. I motion that Towloo be stricken from the witness list.
Sustained. He may not be called.

Given Discovery is now over, we will be moving onto Opening Statements.
The Plaintiff has 72 hours to provide their Opening Statement.

Your honor, this is a very simple case. The defendant has slandered and ruined my client's reputation. On June 4th, 2024, Krix posted a photoshopped image of what appeared to be client bribing Krix for his vote. This was posted in a public channel in the DemocracyCraft Discord, for over 4,000 people to see. Because of this, my client's reputation has been damaged, and compensation is in order.

Let's start off with the defense's claim that the image in question wasn't forged. Let's take a look a the timestamps. The first message from Krix came at 3:42 PM. The next message appeared to come from RylandW at 3:45 PM. And then, things start to get fishy. The next message was from Krix at 3:42 PM. So Krix responded to the Plaintiff's message before the Plaintiff even sent it? This image is clearly fake, and was used with the intent of harming my client's reputation.

The defense also claim's there is no proof of that image being posted. However, the image is still available in #politics for everyone to see. There is plenty of proof of this image, as it was seen by all witnesses, and is available to anyone if they would like to see it in #politics.

Lastly, the defense claims there is no proof of any injury to my client. As seen by messages shown in #politics following Krix posting the image, many individuals believed that the contents of Krix's forged image were true, and led them to no longer trust the Plaintiff.

This case is absolute hypocrisy. Krix authored the Defamation Act October 2020, and set the outline for what punishment for slander should look like. Krix posted a slanderous image, and my client's reputation was harmed. This case is as simple as that. My client deserves compensation for the defendant's outrageous actions.

Thank you.

The Defendant has 72 hours to provide their opening statement.

Your honor, the deadline for the defendant is up.

EDIT: Extension no longer needed

Last edited:
Ah I apologize I got tired last night and fell asleep. I don’t need to submit an opening anyways.

I will be holding the defense in contempt. I expect better courtroom etiquette. If you didn't want to file an opening statement, you should have stated that. It's a waste of everyone's time not to do so. I will issue witness summonses shortly.

1712719404002.png

WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Krix, @Intercepticon, @Dusty_3, @CaseyLeFaye, @Soundi83 and @Dartanboy is required to appear before the court in the case of RylandW v. Krix [2024] FCR 94. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a Contempt of Court charge.​

Present, your honor

I will be holding the defense in contempt. I expect better courtroom etiquette. If you didn't want to file an opening statement, you should have stated that. It's a waste of everyone's time not to do so. I will issue witness summonses shortly.
Yeah well I explained why I didn’t so. Fine me 5k for being tired after work, fine. But that’s your cross to bear. Consider this a motion to reconsider.

Yeah well I explained why I didn’t so. Fine me 5k for being tired after work, fine. But that’s your cross to bear. Consider this a motion to reconsider.
OBJECTION
Breach of Procedure
Your honor, the remarks made by the Defendant’s counsel are disruptive to the courtroom. Regardless of whether you decide to agree with that, this motion is not formatted properly.

EDIT: Plaintiff -> Defendant

Last edited:
OBJECTION
Breach of Procedure
Your honor, the remarks made my the Plaintiff’s counsel are disruptive to the courtroom. Regardless of whether you decide to agree with that, this motion is not formatted properly.
Format is a suggestion. The motion to reconsider is still a valid motion whether or not its contents are liked by the plaintiff.

Present your honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back