Representative
Redmont Bar Assoc.
Supporter
Unseatedduke1
Unseatedduke1
representative
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
CIVIL ACTION

Virtus Group (Represented by Dragon Law)
Plaintiff

v.

VirtuBank (Luca_1011)
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

On February 27, 2024, the Plaintiff discovered the existence of a company named "VirtuBank," which is owned by Luca_1011. The name of this company bears a striking resemblance to the Plaintiff's own group named "Virtus Group." This similarity raised concerns regarding potential legal implications and fraudulent activities in the Plaintiff's mind. The Plaintiff instructed their law firm to issue a "cease and desist" letter; however, this communication failed to reach the Defendant as they had left from the official Discord server and remained inactive for over thirty days on the server itself. The Defendant's company “VirtuBank” constitutes a clear violation of the Intellectual Property Act, particularly in terms of breaching trademark regulations. This violation encompasses the production, replication, or impersonation of recognizable signs, designs, or expressions that are associated with a company, product, or service. By adopting the expression "Virtu," the Defendant is effectively attempting to impersonate the Plaintiff's established brand, "Virtus." Such misleading practices could lead clients to inadvertently direct funds intended for the Virtus Group to the Defendant's entity, thereby causing financial harm. Any negative associations with the Defendant's company may adversely affect the stock exchange prices of the Virtus Group. The company "Virtu" is also found to be in violation of the Taxation Act, which mandates that financial institutions must register as tax-exempt entities and fulfill reporting requirements. The Defendant's company has failed to comply with these statutory obligations.

I. PARTIES
  1. Virtus Group (V__D)
  2. VirtuBank (Luca_1011)

II. FACTS

1. The Defendant, owner of the established company "VirtuBank," is engaging in activities that constitute an attempt to impersonate the "Virtus Group," violating the Intellectual Property Act.

2. On March 15, 2024, a cease and desist letter was prepared and intended to be sent to the Defendant. However, the delivery of this letter was unsuccessful due to the Defendant's absence from the Discord platform, where communication attempts were made. The Defendant has also been inactive on the server for a period exceeding thirty days.

3. The Defendant's company is found to be in violation of the Taxation Act for its failure to register as a financial institution with the Department of Commerce (DOC) and fulfill the associated reporting requirements mandated by law.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF

1. The fraudulent activities conducted by "VirtuBank" pose a significant risk to the financial well-being of the Plaintiff's company. If individuals inadvertently direct funds to the Defendant's company instead of the Plaintiff's, it will result in financial losses and potential disruptions to the Plaintiff's business operations.

2. "VirtuBank's" failure to register as a financial institution with the appropriate regulatory authorities may negatively impact public perception and tarnish the reputation of the Plaintiff's company. This could potentially lead to a decrease in stock prices, thereby causing further financial harm to the Plaintiff.

3. The marketing efforts undertaken by the Plaintiff are being diluted by the presence of the Defendant's company, "VirtuBank," in the market. This diversion of resources and attention away from the Plaintiff's company results in financial losses attributed to marketing expenses and diminished brand visibility.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:

1. The Plaintiff respectfully requests the court to mandate the Department of Commerce (DOC) to enforce the provisions outlined in the Taxation Act by promptly removing the Defendant's business, "VirtuBank," from the server.

2. In the event that the Defendant's business is not removed from the server, the Plaintiff urges the court to compel the DOC to rename the business to mitigate potential confusion and safeguard the Plaintiff's intellectual property rights.

3. The Plaintiff seeks $9,000 in Compensatory Damages to offset the financial losses incurred due to the diversion of marketing resources caused by the Defendant's unauthorized presence in the market. These damages are essential to restore the Plaintiff's competitive position and compensate for the financial harm suffered.

4. The Plaintiff requests $7,300 in Fraud fines to hold the Defendant accountable for their attempted fraudulent activities against the Plaintiff. These fines are to be paid to the plaintiff. Such actions undermine trust in the marketplace and warrant punitive measures to deter future misconduct and protect the interests of all parties involved.

5. The Plaintiff seeks reimbursement of legal fees in the amount of 20% of the total amount rewarded to cover the expenses incurred by their law firm in pursuing this case.

Evidence:
1711055235692.png
1711055416539.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 21st day of March 2024

1711055213607.png

Attachments

• 2024-03-21_17.08.02.png
    2024-03-21_17.08.02.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Seal_Judiciary.png

WRIT OF SUMMONS

@lucak1011 is required to appear before the court in the case of the Virtus Group v. Virtubank. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favour of the plaintiff.

I'd also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

CIVIL ACTION

Your Honor,

The 72-hour period provided to the defendant has elapsed. The Plaintiff respectfully requests that you find the defendant in contempt of court and proceed with issuing a default judgment following the terms outlined in the Writ of Summons.

Thank You

As defined in the Public Defender Policy, there are certain conditions in which a PD must be summoned. One of these is: "A Civil Case would otherwise result in Default Judgement and the Defendant is legally inactive (less than 6 hours of playtime in the last 30 days)." At the time of which default judgement would occur, the defendant has less than 6 hours of playtime within the last 30 days, this triggers that conditions obligating me to summon a Public Defender. The Courts do not currently have a public defender, and thus this case can not move forward. This case will be in recess until a PD is able to be summoned.

Proof of the Defendants legal activity is attached below:
image_2024-03-24_204135501.png

As mentioned before, this court is now in recess until a PD can be summoned.

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

Virtus Group (Represented by Dragon Law)Plaintiff

v.

VirtuBank
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The Defense DISPUTES The Defendant, owner of the established company "VirtuBank," is engaging in activities that constitute an attempt to impersonate the "Virtus Group," violating the Intellectual Property Act.

2. The Defense neither AFFIRMS or Denys that On March 15, 2024, a cease and desist letter was prepared and intended to be sent to the Defendant. However, the delivery of this letter was unsuccessful due to the Defendant's absence from the Discord platform, where communication attempts were made. The Defendant has also been inactive on the server for a period exceeding thirty days.

3. The Defense DISPUTES The Defendant's company is found to be in violation of the Taxation Act for its failure to register as a financial institution with the Department of Commerce (DOC) and fulfill the associated reporting requirements mandated by law.

II. DEFENCES
1. The Defendant Luca_1011 never advertised VirtuBank nor mentioned it to anyone, never in chat, DC Discord or Forums.
2. The Defendant never claimed to be a bank nor do they take deposits, give out loans or invest funds on behalf of other people. The name simply has the word bank in it, as do a few other in game db's.
3. The plaintiff fails to show where the defendant has caused harm to their client other then that they have similar names, that's the extend of it. To say that the defendant has impersonated them is so far in left field that is shouldn't even be allowed as an argument in this court.
(Attach evidence and a list of witnesses at the bottom if applicable)

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 30th day of March 2024

MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT

The defense motions for a summary judgment by the court, this case has set idle for long enough

OBJECTION
Breach of Procedure

Your Honor, the defense may only seek a summary judgment when there are no disputed facts. I assumed that a former Supreme Court justice would be aware of this procedural requirement. We would be amenable to a summary judgment if the defense chooses to amend their response to the complaint and does not contest any of the allegations.

My apologies your honor, it seems I'm a bit rusty from my time in the legal field, i withdraw the motion. I'd ask moving forward however we keep it civil, no need for the unprofessional remarks.

I would like to formally apologize for my comment. I am also frustrated, as this case has been sitting for a while.

OBJECTION
Breach of Procedure

Your Honor, the defense may only seek a summary judgment when there are no disputed facts. I assumed that a former Supreme Court justice would be aware of this procedural requirement. We would be amenable to a summary judgment if the defense chooses to amend their response to the complaint and does not contest any of the allegations.
Due to the motion being withdrawn, this objection is overruled.

As the Defendant's counsel has issue there Answer to Complaint, we will now be moving onto discovery.

Discovery will last 7 days. Should both parties agree, discovery can end early.

Your Honor, We request to end discovery early.

The defense does not wish to end discovery early

As the defense has not agreed to skip discovery, the request is denied.

As discovery is now over, we will be moving onto opening statements. The Plaintiff has 48 hours to post their opening statement.

Your Honor,

I request a 72 Hour extension pending the outcome of my Confirmation Hearing due to a potential conflict

Your Honor,

I request a 72 Hour extension pending the outcome of my Confirmation Hearing due to a potential conflict
As we have not reached your turn on opening statements, I will be denying this request at this time, feel free to request the extension once it is your turn to post opening statements.

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
PLAINTIFF OPENING STATEMENT

Ladies and gentlemen of the court, esteemed Judge,

Today, we stand before this honorable court to address a matter of utmost importance regarding the integrity of intellectual property rights and the prevention of fraudulent activities .

This case revolves around the actions of a former player, who, despite their disengagement from the game, has left behind a lingering presence that threatens the very fabric of fair play and lawful conduct within our community.

Our argument lies in the creation of a business entity named "VirtuBank" by the defendant, Luca_1011. This venture, bearing a name strikingly similar to our client's established group, "Virtus Group," has raised legitimate concerns regarding potential legal implications and fraudulent undertakings.

The defense may attempt to justify the defendant's actions by asserting that the inclusion of the term "bank" in the business name does not necessitate compliance with regulatory requirements if the entity does not engage in banking activities. However, let us be clear: using the term "bank" in one's business name without upholding the associated obligations is, in essence, fraudulent behavior.

We, have taken proactive steps to address this situation, including the preparation and attempted delivery of a cease and desist letter to the defendant. Our efforts to prevent further harm and uphold the integrity of our intellectual property rights have been met with silence, as the defendant, Luca_1011, is no longer an active participant within our gaming community.

In light of these circumstances, we are left with no recourse but to seek justice through the legal channels available to us.

Your Honor, Given the defendant's absence from the server and the unavailability of a new PD, we respectfully request a summary judgment for expediency and practicality. We know this may be out of the normal scope of court rule but please consider this to move this case along.

Thank you.

The Defense has 48 hours to post their opening statement.

My mistake, the public defender has recently been confirmed as a Federal Court Judge. Therefore this case is in recess until a new one can be assigned.

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
PLAINTIFF OPENING STATEMENT

Ladies and gentlemen of the court, esteemed Judge,

Today, we stand before this honorable court to address a matter of utmost importance regarding the integrity of intellectual property rights and the prevention of fraudulent activities .

This case revolves around the actions of a former player, who, despite their disengagement from the game, has left behind a lingering presence that threatens the very fabric of fair play and lawful conduct within our community.

Our argument lies in the creation of a business entity named "VirtuBank" by the defendant, Luca_1011. This venture, bearing a name strikingly similar to our client's established group, "Virtus Group," has raised legitimate concerns regarding potential legal implications and fraudulent undertakings.

The defense may attempt to justify the defendant's actions by asserting that the inclusion of the term "bank" in the business name does not necessitate compliance with regulatory requirements if the entity does not engage in banking activities. However, let us be clear: using the term "bank" in one's business name without upholding the associated obligations is, in essence, fraudulent behavior.

We, have taken proactive steps to address this situation, including the preparation and attempted delivery of a cease and desist letter to the defendant. Our efforts to prevent further harm and uphold the integrity of our intellectual property rights have been met with silence, as the defendant, Luca_1011, is no longer an active participant within our gaming community.

In light of these circumstances, we are left with no recourse but to seek justice through the legal channels available to us.

Your Honor, Given the defendant's absence from the server and the unavailability of a new PD, we respectfully request a summary judgment for expediency and practicality. We know this may be out of the normal scope of court rule but please consider this to move this case along.

Thank you.
I will be denying this motion at this time, as seen in the motions guide, the facts of the case must not be in dispute, which they are as seen is the answer to complaint. As I said above, we will be in recess till a new PD can be summoned.

Back