CIVIL ACTION

zLost
Plaintiff

v.

Aladeen
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

The Defendant, Aladeen has slandered me multiple times over the past few months, both in public and in direct messages. These statements by the Plaintiff have ruined my reputation not only among people in those channels but also among people who I work with in politics, worsening my relations with them. These statements by the Defendant are simply not true and there is proof that they had the intention of saying this only to ruin my credibility and trust among my fellow Representatives.

I. PARTIES
1. zLost (Plaintiff)
2. Aladeen (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. On 13th July, 2024, the Plaintiff convinced lcn to vote him for Speaker, following that, lcn stated that he is planning on running for Deputy Speaker and after hearing that, the Plaintiff told lcn that he would vote for him as he believes that lcn would be a good fit for Deputy Speaker.
2. On 13th July, 2024, the Defendant messaged Towloo on Discord about why he should vote Unity for speaker and gave a few reasons for it,
3. On 14th July, 2024, the Plaintiff proposed to MrFluffy2U94 that he will vote for MrFluffy2U94’s bid for deputy only if lcn’s bid proves to be unviable, and encourage lawan to vote for MrFluffy2U94, in exchange for MrFluffy2U94’s vote for zLost as Speaker,
4. On 14th July, 2024, the Plaintiff proposed the same offer as proposed to MrFluffy2U94 to Aladeen,
5. Both Aladeen and MrFluffy2U94 were informed that the other was given the same offer, and both knew that the first one to accept it would get the promised votes,
6. On 14th July, 2024, Towloo admitted that he was pressured by Bezzergeezer and Aladeen to vote against because of Bezzergeezer’s and Aladeen's claims,
7. On 25th August, 2024, Aladeen stated in #legal that the Plaintiff's case was an attempt by "someone who did contact the vast majority of the house offering everyone the same position",
8. On 30th August, 2024, Aladeen stated in #poltiics "It’s all just based on lies, Towloos “statement” is a complete lie saying bezzer and I pressured him to vote unity for speaker" and then proceeded to say "I could get the ingame messages of that day but that is just unnecesary, both zlost and towloo know that “statement” is a lie"

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. In the messages between Towloo and the Defendant (Exhibit A), the Defendant made the following claims:
i. The Plaintiff was away for 1 month while they were deputy speaker.
ii. The Plaintiff would constantly ask the Speaker UnityMaster on how to do the job as Acting Speaker.
iii. The Plaintiff offered half of congress Deputy Speaker.
iv. The Plaintiff offered this to CaseyLeFaye, MrFluffy2U94, Soundi83, Aladeen22, and other members of the house.

These claims are simply untrue. I will dissect each claim and explain how they are lies.

Claim (i). I never took a 1 month leave of activity while I was Deputy Speaker. There is zero proof of this, and nowhere have I ever stated this. As you can see in Exhibit B, I had been posting motions up regularly when the Speaker wasn't available and had been voting on bills on time.
Claim (ii). I had never asked Speaker UnityMaster on how to do my job, the only thing remotely close to this was when I wasn't fully aware that I was Acting Speaker and UnityMaster reminded me to put the bills up for voting. (Exhibit C)
Claim (iii). The only people I had DMed regarding anything related to the Deputy Speaker position was lcn, MrFluffy2U94 and Aladeen22. Not only that, I didn't offer lcn the Deputy Speaker position. I had only offered him my vote for Deputy Speaker. The same applies to MrFluffyU249 and Aladeen22, I offered them that I would encourage lawan to vote for them. I would also try to convince lcn and Towloo to vote for them if lcn was losing. Therefore, half of congress WASN'T offered the Deputy Speaker position. (Exhibit D)
Claim (iv). As stated above, the only people I had DMed regarding the Deputy Speaker position in that list was Aladeen22 and MrFluffy2U94. So, this statement is entirely false.

Therefore, the first two conditions of Defamation as stated in the Defamation Act October 2020 (link) are met.
a. False/Unprivileged Statement
b. The Statement can be taken as Fact.
2. Damages: As we can see from Exhibit A and E, Aladeen22 had managed to convince both lcn and Towloo to remove their votes from me in the Speaker Election using the false statements and had caused distrust among the Plaintiff and both lcn and Towloo.
Intent: Aladeen22 was well aware that only MrFluffy2U94 had been given the same offer that he had, as I had told him so in DMs (Exhibit D). He made these statements fully knowing that they were false, and had the intention of saying anything to convince Towloo to vote UnityMaster for Speaker (Exhibit A).
4. The claim made by Aladeen22 in Fact 7 (Exhibit F) has already been disproven above and the intents for it have been shown. Aladeen22 made this statement in a public channel where many people can see it.
5. Both claims made by Aladeen22 in Fact 8 are false (Exhibit G). According to the Oxford Language Dictionary, the following is the definition for "pressure";
attempt to persuade or coerce (someone) into doing something.

Persuade is defined as;
induce (someone) to do something through reasoning or argument.

The Defendant, Aladeen22, had induced Towloo to vote UnityMaster as Speaker by giving arguments which made him believe that I was unfit for Speaker. Therefore, it is apparent that Aladeen22 had indeed pressured Towloo to vote UnityMaster for Speaker, making the first claim false.

Following this, Aladeen22 indirectly accused the Plaintiff of Perjury by saying that I was aware this statement was a lie, but still sent it in court. Just like the claim in Fact 7, these claims were all made in a public channel for public view. I believe the intent behind this is clear; Aladeen22 wanted to get as many people as possible to agree that the case has no chance of winning by spreading lies so that I would drop it. This is because a while ago, Aladeen22 had given me an offer to drop the case where we would all go our separate ways and no one would win, and I denied this offer (Exhibit H). Yesterday, Aladeen22 reproposed this offer after a well-known lawyer AlexanderLove called out the case saying that "zLost’s case is so weak that a monkey could probably win" and another lawyer Dusty_3 stated along the lines that it would be impossible for me to win this case (Exhibit I). This shows that he wants people to agree that the case is weak so that I would drop it.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $30,000 in punitive damages to discourage the Defendant from doing something like this again in the future.
2. $15,000 in emotional damages for causing the Plaintiff emotional harm by tarnishing his legacy and alienating colleagues from him.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 31st day of August 2024

1725117178360.png
1725117544775.png
1725117604230.png
1725117613664.png
1725117622125.png
1725117627973.png
1725117638275.png
1725117646931.png
1725117790755.png
1725118008897.png
1725118069232.png
1725118191075.png
1725118224546.png
1725118270950.png

Last edited:

Motion

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
MOTION TO DISMISS

The defense moves that the complaint, in this case, be dismissed, and in support thereof, respectfully alleges:

1. I at no point intended to harm the reputation of the Plaintiff, which is something that according to the Defamation Act they must prove. If this case is not dismissed, a precedent of every time someone loses an election they can sue their opponent because they feel unfair they won, will begin. The plaintiff has no valid claim allowing this case to be dismissed under Rule 5.5.

2. I am entitled to my right to Political Communication. Honest opinion, considered substantially true and based on proper materials, is all the fundaments of Honest Opinion Defense. I had been informed by members of the PCR, who were recently elected representatives that Zlost had in fact contacted them. The PCR at that time had the majority seats in the House of Representatives, and I had enough grounds to make a statement that was my honest opinion, substantially true, and was based on proper evidence such as the statements of multiple high-position government officials. The constitution gives me freedom of Political Communication making this case dismissible under Rule 5.11 and given the information shown in this motion to dismiss makes this case dismissible under Rule 5.12. Your honor, it's no disguise it makes no sense, if there is no valid claim, you must dismiss.

Case Filing

CIVIL ACTION

Aladeen
Counter Plaintiff

v.

Zlost
Counter Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

I, the defendant submit this counterlawsuit against the Plaintiff. The Plaintiff claims, which are based on nothing but false speculation and misleading images have caused an important harm both personally and professionally to me, this includes my loss of enjoyment in Redmont, punitive damages and legal expenses.

I. PARTIES
1. Aladeen (Defendant)
2. Zlost (Plaintiff)

II. FACTS
1. August 31st, the Plaintiff launched a lawsuit against me claiming slander and defamation, which they believe has damaged they're reputation and relationships with colleagues.
2. The claims presented by the Plaintiff do not have any solid ground and have resulted in harm to me, which includes loss of enjoyment in Redmont and emotional damages.
3. The Plaintiff's lawsuit has also costed me substantial legal fees, as I have lost time in which I've been working on multiple projects to defend myself on this case.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. Punitive Damages: I seek punitive damages due to the out of control conduct of the plaintiff in filling a baseless lawsuit. I believe that this was done to intimidate and harm me, therefore I believe punitive damages are warranted to stop this type of conduct in the future.

2. Consequential Damages: I have suffered a loss of enjoyment in Redmont due to the damage suffered by Zlost's actions. I have not been able to fully engage in activities and just generally lost the enjoyment I had while playing DC before this case.

3. Legal Fees: I have needed to take time off multiple projects I was working on to defend myself on this lawsuit.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $75,000 for Punitive Damages
2. $60,000 for Consequential Damages
3. $13,500 for Legal Fees as it is the 30% of the original amount requested by the Plaintiff.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 3rd day of September 2024

Your Honor, I ask for permission to respond to the motion to dismiss.

You may in the next 24 hours

RESPONSE TO MOTION TO DISMISS

1. Rule 5.5 is only used against claims for relief or when there is no claim for relief mentioned. The Defence doesn't even mention how there is no valid claim for relief.
2. The Plaintiff believes that that what the Defence stated doesn't fall under Right VI, but even if it did, Right VI doesn't give immunity to being sued. The Defence is again off-topic and doesn't mention anything related to how I don't have standing for this case, it's very clear I do have standing as the statements made by the Defendant were directly at the Plaintiff.

Motion

MOTION TO DISMISS

The defense moves that the complaint, in this case, be dismissed, and in support thereof, respectfully alleges:

1. I at no point intended to harm the reputation of the Plaintiff, which is something that according to the Defamation Act they must prove. If this case is not dismissed, a precedent of every time someone loses an election they can sue their opponent because they feel unfair they won, will begin. The plaintiff has no valid claim allowing this case to be dismissed under Rule 5.5.

2. I am entitled to my right to Political Communication. Honest opinion, considered substantially true and based on proper materials, is all the fundaments of Honest Opinion Defense. I had been informed by members of the PCR, who were recently elected representatives that Zlost had in fact contacted them. The PCR at that time had the majority seats in the House of Representatives, and I had enough grounds to make a statement that was my honest opinion, substantially true, and was based on proper evidence such as the statements of multiple high-position government officials. The constitution gives me freedom of Political Communication making this case dismissible under Rule 5.11 and given the information shown in this motion to dismiss makes this case dismissible under Rule 5.12. Your honor, it's no disguise it makes no sense, if there is no valid claim, you must dismiss.

Objection

OBJECTION - RELEVANCE

The Plaintiff believes the following parts of the motion to dismiss are not relevant:

- I at no point intended to harm the reputation of the Plaintiff, which is something that according to the Defamation Act they must prove. If this case is not dismissed, a precedent of every time someone loses an election they can sue their opponent because they feel unfair they won, will begin.
- I am entitled to my right to Political Communication. Honest opinion, considered substantially true and based on proper materials, is all the fundaments of Honest Opinion Defense. I had been informed by members of the PCR, who were recently elected representatives that Zlost had in fact contacted them. The PCR at that time had the majority seats in the House of Representatives, and I had enough grounds to make a statement that was my honest opinion, substantially true, and was based on proper evidence such as the statements of multiple high-position government officials.

These statements do not contribute at all to the motion to dismiss and what is being alleged as the reason to dismiss the case according to the Defendant. They are simply defences and should be in an answer to complaint, not a motion to dismiss.

The Plaintiff wishes to drop this case as we have reached an out of court settlement. Apologies if the courts time was wasted.

The Defense only accepted the out of court settlement if there was a verdict on the counterlawsuit.

Case dismissed. Aladeen, you may refile if you wish to proceed with your countersuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back