Information Expression of Interest - Magistrate

Courts

Citizen
Legal Eagle
Court_Banner_Redmont_01 (1).png

The Supreme Court has decided to open up an expression of interest forum for those with extensive legal experience to express interest in the role of Magistrate. We would like to emphasize the apolitical role this is, and ask that people respect this process by not campaigning, endorsing, or explicitly supporting any individual for such role.

MAGISTRATE INFORMATION

Magistrates serve on the District Court of the Commonwealth of Redmont. They preside over all cases in the District Court, under the supervision of a Judge or Justice. The‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌hears‌ ‌all‌ ‌minor‌ ‌civil‌ ‌and‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌disputes‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌first‌ ‌instance.‌ Each‌ ‌town‌ ‌or‌ ‌city‌ ‌shall‌ ‌be‌ ‌considered‌ ‌a‌ ‌district‌ ‌and‌ ‌shall‌ ‌have‌ ‌one‌ ‌Magistrate.‌ ‌ ‌

Magistrates are expected to maintain judicial integrity and independence, and to perform‌ ‌the‌ ‌duties‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌office‌ ‌fairly,‌ ‌impartially,‌ ‌and‌ ‌diligently.‌

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORMAT

Reply to this thread with the following:

- Username:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
- What town/city do you primarily reside in?:
- Why do you want this position?:
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain:
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC outside of the court?:
- Links to cases you have been involved in:
- Additional Information:

Your expression of interest will then be reviewed by the Supreme Court in due time.

This is not an application.

This expression of interest thread will be open until a suitable individual is appointed. Do not ask about your EOI or attempt to campaign for this position.

district-court-png.12083

- Username: Aladeen22

- What are your strengths and weaknesses?:

Strengths:

I have good communication skills, which means I can bring information clearly and effectively. I am good both at speaking and writing, which is useful when I want my ideas to be understood. I can adapt my style of communication to different trails, making each interaction more effective.

I also have strong research abilities which allows me to find and study information more efficiently. My attention to details ensures that each of my work is in depth and accurate.

Weaknesses:

There are times in which I can be a perfectionist which can slow down my work. I tend to look for minor details to solve in order not to get any mistakes.

- What town/city do you primarily reside in?: Reveille

- Why do you want this position?: I’ve been away from DC for some months now and I want to come back, I’ve put myself up to the date with recent events and I want to work in a position which allows me to continue learning and I enjoyed in the past.

- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: Yes, Ingame I have been on multiple teams on different areas in which in which I’ve always had an active involvement. Depending on the situation I’ve needed to resolve conflicts quickly and attempt to be transparent.

- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC outside of the court?: I’ve been both RBA Chairman, Councillor and Chairman of the Ethics Committee, part owner of multiple law firms, Senator & Representative, and finally a magistrate and judge.

- Links to cases you have been involved in: I have been a lawyer for around 3 years, I will link the more important cases I’ve been involved both as a judge and as a lawyer.

- Username: xAntho_ny
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?: One of my strengths is dedication. Once I am on something I am dedicated to it and a weakness I have is that I am a perfectionist.
- What town/city do you primarily reside in?: City Of Reveille
- Why do you want this position?: I would like the position of Magistrate because people come to court to solve civil disputes, criminal disputes, and there needs to be people like Magistrates to make their verdict and their opinion. As an Attorney on Redmont since 2021, and many of my court cases that I have done, I have shown that I have legal knowledge in the legal field. As the courts are now accepting Magistrates, I believe that I can be a good and fair Magistrate in the District Court.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: I believe I do because as someone that owns and used to own several companies, some of my duties is communicating with lower employees to make sure thing are done just right.
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC outside of the court?: I am used to be the RBA Chairperson, and on the RBA Council several times, I own my law firm/debt collection agency Pressler, Felt & Warshaw, LLP.
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Pressler, Felt & Warshaw, LLP v. .Jack77l8568 [2023] DCR 34
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Pressler, Felt & Warshaw, LLP v. .AcesEnigma1602 [2023] DCR 31
Lawsuit: Adjourned - The Commonwealth Of Redmont v. zLost [2023] DCR 27
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Lex404 v. .Oubie033 [2023] DCR 28
Lawsuit: Dismissed - xAntho_ny v. FuriousPaladin [2023] DCR 22
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Pressler, Felt & Warshaw, LLP v. FuriousPaladin [2023] FCR 93
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Pressler, Felt & Warshaw, LLP v. Yahiakiller [2023] FCR 90
Lawsuit: Adjourned - zLost v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2023] FCR 75
I believe I have also done a few more.

- Username: Jakovus
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?: I am an avid legalist pursuing a policy of clean bills. One is innocent until proven guilty. In civil cases, we search for reasonability; whether it is reasonable to assume damage was likelier to have been inflicted than not. In criminal cases, whether we are absolutely sure of one's guilt. I have observed a great deal of impromptu legal decisions and precedents which fail in legalist eyes, as they are not considered to be grounded in points of law by myself. My greatest strength would thus be stability and adherence to previous legal decisions. My weakness is my harsh stance toward failing to adhere to court procedure. It, in my eyes, gives every right to a judge to become prejudiced when a party is acting recklessly.
- What town/city do you primarily reside in?: Reveille
- Why do you want this position?: I want to help expand the jurisprudence of Redmont in a favourable direction.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: I have worked as a lawyer in a law firm since November 2022 - suffice it to say, my current standing as a lawyer wouldn't have been possible without teamwork.
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC outside of the court?: I have been employed by the DOJ, and I review material we get, propose and discuss interrogations and warrants, as well as study the law to see how to approach the subject at hand.
and others...
- Additional Information: CEO of Solid Law Firm

I know I'm not popular, but as former AG and CJ, I'd like to say Jakovus is an excellent non-political candidate to become Magistrate, and eventually Judge and even Justice.

It would be a great trend to start seeing Magistrate -> Judge -> Justice progression again instead of the political picks we've been seeing since the Digi admin.

- Username: ko531
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?: Criminal law is my strength and finacial law is my weakness. If speaking as a person, My strength is the my desire to do as much as possible and my weakness is the same thing as sometimes I will take on too much work and become overwhelmed.
- What town/city do you primarily reside in?: Wild
- Why do you want this position?: I some-what enjoyed being a Magistrate but I saw it as boring for the most part. Now that the District court has been expanded I am hoping that being a Magistrate is no longer as boring. I want to get back into the Judiciary as Im starting to get sick of certain aspects of arguing the law. I was hoping to become a Judge at some point but the more I wait the more I lose hope.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: Yes, I was Deputy Secretary for the DCT for 9 months which included working directly with higher management and managing the Building Inspectors. Since I was there for 9 months I would hope that means I was doing a good job.
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC outside of the court?: I have been a Lead Prosecutor for the DOJ, Public Defender Director and I have done a handful of cases which included representing myself and a few clients.
Lawsuit: Dismissed - JediAJMan v. Department of Justice [2023] FCR 85
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2023] FCR 97
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Commonwealth of Redmont vs. KO531 [2024] FCR 1
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 33
Lawsuit: Dismissed - Ko531 v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 70
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 96
Lawsuit: Adjourned - AlexanderLove v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 99
Lawsuit: Adjourned - The Commonwealth of Redmont v. Alexanderlove [2024] FCR 102
Lawsuit: Adjourned - The Commonwealth of Redmont v. Alexanderlove [2024] FCR 116
Lawsuit: Adjourned - AlexanderLove v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] DCR 1
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Pressler, Felt & Warshaw, LLP v. Yahiakiller [2023] DCR 53
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Dodrio3 v. Darkplays3656 [2023] DCR 51
Lawsuit: Adjourned - TristenXL v. ShutUpNoOneAsked [2023] DCR 50
Lawsuit: Adjourned - JediAJMan v. FoniWeiss [2023] DCR 29
Lawsuit: Dismissed - xAntho_ny v. FuriousPaladin [2023] DCR 22
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. Department of Health [2022] DCR 59
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] SCR 14
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Commonwealth of Redmont v. xLayzur [2024] SCR 1

- Additional Information: N/A

Last edited:
Back