Information Expression of Interest - Magistrate

Courts

Citizen
Legal Eagle
Court_Banner_Redmont_01 (1).png

The Supreme Court has decided to open up an expression of interest forum for those with extensive legal experience to express interest in the role of Magistrate. We would like to emphasize the apolitical role this is, and ask that people respect this process by not campaigning, endorsing, or explicitly supporting any individual for such role.

MAGISTRATE INFORMATION

Magistrates serve on the District Court of the Commonwealth of Redmont. They preside over all cases in the District Court, under the supervision of a Judge or Justice. The‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌hears‌ ‌all‌ ‌minor‌ ‌civil‌ ‌and‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌disputes‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌first‌ ‌instance.‌ Each‌ ‌town‌ ‌or‌ ‌city‌ ‌shall‌ ‌be‌ ‌considered‌ ‌a‌ ‌district‌ ‌and‌ ‌shall‌ ‌have‌ ‌one‌ ‌Magistrate.‌ ‌ ‌

Magistrates are expected to maintain judicial integrity and independence, and to perform‌ ‌the‌ ‌duties‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌office‌ ‌fairly,‌ ‌impartially,‌ ‌and‌ ‌diligently.‌

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORMAT

Reply to this thread with the following:

- Username:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
- What town/city do you primarily reside in?:
- Why do you want this position?:
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain:
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC outside of the court?:
- Links to cases you have been involved in:
- Additional Information:

Your expression of interest will then be reviewed by the Supreme Court in due time.

This is not an application.

This expression of interest thread will be open until a suitable individual is appointed. Do not ask about your EOI or attempt to campaign for this position.

district-court-png.12083

- Username: ko531
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?: Criminal law is my strength and finacial law is my weakness. If speaking as a person, My strength is the my desire to do as much as possible and my weakness is the same thing as sometimes I will take on too much work and become overwhelmed.
- What town/city do you primarily reside in?: Wild
- Why do you want this position?: I some-what enjoyed being a Magistrate but I saw it as boring for the most part. Now that the District court has been expanded I am hoping that being a Magistrate is no longer as boring. I want to get back into the Judiciary as Im starting to get sick of certain aspects of arguing the law. I was hoping to become a Judge at some point but the more I wait the more I lose hope.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: Yes, I was Deputy Secretary for the DCT for 9 months which included working directly with higher management and managing the Building Inspectors. Since I was there for 9 months I would hope that means I was doing a good job.
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC outside of the court?: I have been a Lead Prosecutor for the DOJ, Public Defender Director and I have done a handful of cases which included representing myself and a few clients.
- Links to cases you have been involved in:
Lawsuit: Dismissed - JediAJMan v. Department of Justice [2023] FCR 85
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2023] FCR 97
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Commonwealth of Redmont vs. KO531 [2024] FCR 1
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 33
Lawsuit: Dismissed - Ko531 v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 70
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 96
Lawsuit: Adjourned - AlexanderLove v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 99
Lawsuit: Adjourned - The Commonwealth of Redmont v. Alexanderlove [2024] FCR 102
Lawsuit: Adjourned - The Commonwealth of Redmont v. Alexanderlove [2024] FCR 116
Lawsuit: Adjourned - AlexanderLove v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] DCR 1
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Pressler, Felt & Warshaw, LLP v. Yahiakiller [2023] DCR 53
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Dodrio3 v. Darkplays3656 [2023] DCR 51
Lawsuit: Adjourned - TristenXL v. ShutUpNoOneAsked [2023] DCR 50
Lawsuit: Adjourned - JediAJMan v. FoniWeiss [2023] DCR 29
Lawsuit: Dismissed - xAntho_ny v. FuriousPaladin [2023] DCR 22
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. Department of Health [2022] DCR 59
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ko531 v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] SCR 14
Lawsuit: Adjourned - Commonwealth of Redmont v. xLayzur [2024] SCR 1

- Additional Information: N/A

Last edited:
- Username: xtub12345
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths: Past Judicial Experience, Legal Experience, Overall Activity, and Determination
Weaknesses: Procrastination, Not a lot of Case Work, bit of an asshole.
- What town/city do you primarily reside in?: Oakridge
- Why do you want this position?: I want this position as with the new Presidential Administration, I am out of a job, I originally left Magistrate for the aforementioned position and now that I need something to do, might as well go back to it. The Court is generally understaffed and I feel I would be able to contribute to the courts by once again joining it.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: Yes, the example I will use for my explanation is my time on the courts, when I was on the courts I communicated any update on the case when needed, I wrote what I wanted to post and asked for advice, when people asked me for advice I responded to them with what I truly thought about it.
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC outside of the court?: Outside of Being a Magistrate I have previously been a Public Defender (3-4 months I believe), a Prosecutor multiple times at the DOJ under multiple Attorney Generals, Clerk at the DOJ, and currently an Investigator at the RBI (Will leave if accepted ofc). I would also count Secretary of Commerce as there's a lot of laws I have to deal with and understand in that position.
- Links to cases you have been involved in: (These are both as Magistrate and Attorney)
www.democracycraft.net/threads/steveshat-v-lildigivert-2024-dcr-16.21652
- Additional Information: Thank you for taking your time to review this Expression of Interest.

Back