Aventura Resident
Oakridge Resident
Icypenguin79
Icypenguin79
A
BILL
TO

Reform Wild Regions

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment

(1) This Act may be cited as the “Amended Wild Area Protections Act” or as the “Second WAP Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Bill was authored by Representative Icypenguin79 and Representative LilDigiVert.

2 - Reasons

(1) Certified freak, 7 days a week. Wild area protections need a little tweak.
(2) The First WAP Act did not add a clause to address company deregistration.
(3) The First WAP Act was vetoed by the President.

3- Terms

(1) Each person may own one region in the wild subject to these terms:
(a) Personal wild regions
(i) Personal regions can be created at any time with use of a staff ticket.
(ii) Unless both parties consent, two regions require a buffer space of 20 blocks. No personal wild regions may be merged or sold to other players or corporations.
(iii) Wild regions must be at least 250 blocks from the edge of cities, towns, and wild warps.
(iv) Personal regions cost $10 per block, up to 4096 blocks in area.
(v) Personal regions may be sold back at 75% of the purchase cost.

4 - Evictability
(1) All wild regions may be evicted by the DER if the owner of the region is inactive for over three months.

5 - Grandfather Clause
(1) All wild regions created prior to the passing of this act count towards the one region limit.

Last edited:
presidential-seal-redmont-png.4524

This bill has been vetoed.
Explanation:
  • This bill expands wild regions by over double, increasing the 2000 blocks limit to 4096. By expanding wild regions, you will take away from centralised development in the city or in the towns.
  • "Personal regions may be sold back at 75% of the purchase cost." is not feasible for two reasons:
    • Who are these regions sold back to? The Government has no use for regions in the wild. If a player wants to get rid of a wild region, the wild region is to be deleted as already assumed.
    • Certain regions cannot be set for varying sellback prices (75% would have to be applied to all regions, including city plots)
  • " Wild regions must be at least 250 blocks from the edge of cities, towns, and wild warps. " whereas I like the legal codifying of wild regions in relations to towns, the mention of cities is in conflict with the already existing clause in the laws stating "Players are unable to mine, grief or construct 500 blocks from the City"; therefore if you aren't able to mine from at least 500 blocks outside the city, it would make no sense that you'd be able to claim a region from at least 250 blocks outside.

Back