Titan Law
Plaintiff

v.

The Commonwealth of Redmont
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF

Beginning on August 25, 2024, Titan Law initiated an analysis of the taxation system employed by the Commonwealth of Redmont. Through this analysis, Titan Law determined that the government had been levying taxes at an excessive rate of 1.2% (rounded to two significant figures) (P-002) on a balance of $30,000. This rate exceeds the 1% tax rate stipulated by the Taxation Act for such a balance, thereby placing the Commonwealth of Redmont in clear violation of the Taxation Law.

I. PARTIES

1. Titan Law
  2. Commonwealth of Redmont
II. FACTS

1. The Commonwealth of Redmont has been systematically overtaxing its citizens. Titan Law conducted an analysis (P-01) which demonstrates that a tax rate of 1.2% (rounded to two significant figures) (P-002) was erroneously applied to Titan Law's business account on a weekly basis.
  2. According to the Taxation Act, a weekly tax rate of 1% should be applied to "Corporate and Personal Balances." However, the tax applied was approximately 0.2% higher than the legally mandated rate.
  3. The Commonwealth of Redmont is in direct breach of the Taxation Act by imposing a tax rate that exceeds the lawful limit.
III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF

1. The Commonwealth of Redmont has unlawfully overtaxed its citizens by collecting more funds than is legally permissible.
  2. This egregious action by the Commonwealth, whether intentional or unintentional, could have significant adverse effects on the financial well-being of Redmont’s citizens and businesses, diminishing personal savings and depleting business reserves.
  3. If the issue with the taxation is determined to stem from staff errors, this reflects gross negligence on the part of the Department of Commerce (DOC) for failing to address such a critical issue when it was initially brought to their attention. The DOC's lack of action has directly contributed to the prolonged over taxation of Redmont’s citizens and businesses, exacerbating the financial harm caused. Witnesses to this negligence will be presented during the discovery phase to substantiate these claims.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:

1. The Commonwealth of Redmont should be compelled to return all funds that have been unlawfully overtaxed to the citizens of Redmont. The Department of Commerce (DOC) should oversee this process, under the supervision of a House oversight committee, to ensure compliance and accuracy.
  2. The Commonwealth of Redmont should be required to pay $15,000 in punitive damages to each individual who has been subjected to incorrect taxation, as a consequence of the egregious overtaxing of its citizens.
  3. Titan Law should be awarded 30% of the total value of the final determined amount in legal fees, as compensation for legal representation and associated costs.

(Attach evidence and a list of witnesses at the bottom if applicable)

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This (day) day of (month) (year)

P-01
AD_4nXeU5o6xdZ3J-4BEAC8C53nqiRLEfMB43zqkL8raZJhhMYViBJ7HDZ0YHNTWb1xBcKH6UsDfgSbEcs5ziUbjzsjwZUEOVcjMzkOnR11fBXJ0_ke_8jdKVDMWHJezwJSryi0GKsR3XNo2ES9fqSfZR1IT4um8

P-02

Taxation Maths

Seal_Judiciary.png

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Poemhunter (Attorney General) is required to appear before the Federal Court in the case of Titan Law v. The Commonwealth of Redmont. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures , including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

IN THE FEDERAL OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
MOTION TO DISMISS

The Commonwealth moves to dismiss this case on the grounds of violation of rule(s) 5.5 (Lack of Claim), 5.11 (Immunity Protection) & 5.14 (Factual Error).

Your Honor,

This case revolves around the Commonwealth's adherence to lawful procedures. The Commonwealth enacted a bill in accordance with the proper process for creating a bill. Subsequently, the Commonwealth, in compliance with these changes, notified the Staff Team, who then implemented the changes. In this particular instance, Titan Law appears to be embarking on a fishing expedition to obtain taxes that have been legally seized rather than fulfilling their tax obligations.

- 5.11 (Immunity Protection)
- The Commonwealth is protected within this instance if the plugin is not correctly modified, which is outside the liability of the government. Staff would be the primary focus of this lawsuit and is a consumable entity.

- 5.14 (Factual Error)
- The Plaintiff has attempted to mislead the court by claiming they have been taxed improperly; however, he does not have sufficient evidence to support the claim. Nor can the evidence be validated.

(The Commonwealth is finalizing the answer to the complaint and will provide it later tonight.)

RESPONSE TO MOTION TO DISMISS

Your Honour,

The defence’s motion to dismiss is unfounded and should be denied. Here’s why:

1. Rule 5.5 (Lack of Claim): The Commonwealth argues that our claim lacks merit. This is incorrect. The Taxation Acts P-001 and P-002 clearly outline the rules for taxation, and we have evidence showing that these rules were violated, leading to the overtaxation of citizens. Our claim is well-supported and will be further substantiated with evidence provided during discovery.
  2. Rule 5.11 (Immunity Protection): The defence contends that the Commonwealth is immune from liability due to errors with the taxation plugin being the fault of the Staff Team. However, this does not apply here. The Commonwealth has a duty to ensure that its laws are correctly implemented and to address any issues that arise. The Department of Commerce (DOC) was aware of these problems before this lawsuit was initiated and failed to rectify them. Thus, the defence's claim of immunity is not applicable due to the Commonwealth’s negligence in failing to address and correct the issue.
  3. Rule 5.14 (Factual Error): The defence alleges that we have misled the court, but they provide no evidence to support this claim. Our allegations are based on verifiable evidence showing that the taxation was improperly executed. The assertion of a factual error is unsubstantiated.
We request that the court deny the motion to dismiss and allow this case to proceed so that the evidence can be fully examined.

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

Titan Law
Plaintiff

v.

The Commonwealth of Redmont
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The Commonwealth partially-denies this fact.
2. The Commonwealth vehemently denies this fact.
3. The Commonwealth vehemently denies this fact.

II. DEFENCES
1. The Commonwealth maintains that, to our knowledge, the plugin is properly taxing citizens in accordance with the Taxation Act.
2. The Plaintiff claims that it's the government's job to correct staff behavior should it fail to be corrected by staff. However, plugin limitations are not the responsibility or purview of the government to correct. Staff control over gameplay aspects is outside of this court's jurisdiction to hold against the government.
3. The Plaintiff makes bold and out-of-left-field comments declaring the Department of Commerce has taken little to no action to work to correct these issues. However, it needs to provide more evidence of a report to the Department of Commerce of Missing Taxation or a former report to staff indicating the calculation error.

By making this submission, I agree to understand the penalties of lying in court and that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 30 day of August 2024

Your honour, it has nearly been a week. May we continue?

I am currently still reviewing the motion. Be patient.

MOTION TO DISMISS

The Commonwealth moves to dismiss this case on the grounds of violation of rule(s) 5.5 (Lack of Claim), 5.11 (Immunity Protection) & 5.14 (Factual Error).

Your Honor,

This case revolves around the Commonwealth's adherence to lawful procedures. The Commonwealth enacted a bill in accordance with the proper process for creating a bill. Subsequently, the Commonwealth, in compliance with these changes, notified the Staff Team, who then implemented the changes. In this particular instance, Titan Law appears to be embarking on a fishing expedition to obtain taxes that have been legally seized rather than fulfilling their tax obligations.

- 5.11 (Immunity Protection)
- The Commonwealth is protected within this instance if the plugin is not correctly modified, which is outside the liability of the government. Staff would be the primary focus of this lawsuit and is a consumable entity.

- 5.14 (Factual Error)
- The Plaintiff has attempted to mislead the court by claiming they have been taxed improperly; however, he does not have sufficient evidence to support the claim. Nor can the evidence be validated.

(The Commonwealth is finalizing the answer to the complaint and will provide it later tonight.)
Denied. As for Rule 5.11, after consulting with Senior Staff, I have determined that the staff is not responsible for any issues related to the taxation rate. If such issues do exist, the Commonwealth may be held liable.

Regarding Rule 5.14, it has been incorrectly applied. The rule states, "A defendant may submit a motion to dismiss in instances where it is clear through the course of discovery that the plaintiff made a factual error in their complaint or amended complaint." Since we have not yet completed the discovery phase, additional evidence may still be submitted.

Apologies for the delay in this ruling. We will now proceed with a three-day discovery period.

Your Honour, my Internet is down at the moment thier for I am unable to get onto the server in order to get the evidence that I wish to submit. Thier for I request an extension of 36h from this message.

If the extension is not granted I wish to call the following witnesses

AlexanderLove - pointed the error out to the DOC.

Does the Commonwealth concur for the extension?

We do not your honor.

The extension is denied

The plaintiff has 72 hours to submit their opening statement. Once filed, the Commonwealth will have 72 hours to submit their response.

OPENING STATEMENT

Your Honour,

The defense denies that the Commonwealth has been overtaxing its citizens, yet P-001 and P-002 clearly demonstrate otherwise. These highlight the mistakes made by the Commonwealth which resulted in citizens being taxed at rates higher than what is legally allowed under the Taxation Act. These documents provide undeniable proof of the error, which the Commonwealth has failed to address.

Rather than acknowledging and correcting this mistake, the Commonwealth continues to deny responsibility for violating the laws it is obligated to uphold. This failure to act shows not just negligence but a disregard for the legal protections that should safeguard the citizens from unlawful overtaxation. The Commonwealth must be held accountable for its failure to correct these errors.

OPENING STATEMENT

Your Honor, members of the court, we are here today to address misleading claims brought by the plaintiff based on fabricated and invalid documents. The plaintiff has presented P-001 and P-002 as so-called "evidence" of overtaxation by the Commonwealth of Redmont. However, these documents are not verifiable, cannot be confirmed, and do not reflect official records. The plaintiff's entire case rests on either falsified or manipulated documents, failing to demonstrate any wrongdoing by the Commonwealth.

The Taxation Act clearly defines how taxes are calculated and collected, and the Commonwealth has adhered to these legal requirements in every instance. The plaintiff has not submitted any legitimate evidence proving the existence of improper taxation practices. Instead, they rely on documents that cannot be validated, hoping to mislead this court. Without verifiable proof, their accusations of unlawful overtaxation crumble. The law requires that any claim of violation be supported by credible evidence, and in this case, no such evidence exists. Our defense is solid, based on the lack of credible evidence to support the plaintiff's claims.

During this trial, we will present solid evidence and testimony that upholds the integrity of the Commonwealth’s actions and further highlights the fraudulent nature of the plaintiff's claims. We will show that the Commonwealth of Redmont has followed the law, and by the end of this case, it will be evident that the accusations against us are baseless and should be dismissed in their entirety.

Writ of Summons

@Alexander P. Love ; is required to appear before the Federal Court in the case of Titan Law v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 120.​

Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.

Writ of Summons

@Alexander P. Love ; is required to appear before the Federal Court in the case of Titan Law v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 120.​

Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.

Present, your honor.

Your Honour may we begin the witness questioning.

My apologies I thought I sent a message. You may in the next 24 hours then the witness will have 24 hours to answer.

Alex,

1. Did you do some research into the over taxation of the commonwealth? and what did you find?

2. Did you report this issues to the relevant government department

3. Approximately when did you report this issue.

@Alexander P. Love Please respond in the next 24 hours or you will be held in contempt.

Your Honour, I Wish to request that we skip the testimony of alexander love in order to deal with the outrageous actions of the commonwealth as soon as possible.

Alex is held in contempt and we will move on. The plaintiff has 72 hours to submit their closing statement. Once filed, the Commonwealth will have 72 hours to submit their response.

Closing Statement​

CLOSING STATEMENT

Your Honor throughout this trial the commonwealths only argument is that Exhibits P-001 and P-002 and continuously saying that they would provide proof but have failed to do so. The commonwealth must be held responsible for they outrageous actions that they have committed by over taxing the citizens of their own nation and beaing aware of it for months yet failing to fix the error.

Your honour,

The defence has failed to present a closing statement within the designated time frame. May we move on to the verdict.

Commonwealth is held in contempt. Pending verdict.

Verdict

VERDICT

Titan Law v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] FCR 120

I. PLAINTIFF POSITION
1. The Plaintiff, Titan Law, claim that the Commonwealth has been taxing citizens beyond what is legally permissible.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. The Defendant, the Commonwealth, claims that the evidence presented is not credible nor sufficient and that it is manipulated. The Defendant failed to appear beyond opening statements.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. The evidence presented by the Plaintiff is not sufficient enough for me to be satisfied that there was more than one party impacted. Further, the format the evidence is presented is difficult to verify.

2. The plaintiff has not established impacted parties, durations, nor any other quantifiable impacts. The court operates in an adversarial construct where you present an argument and evidence, not an inquisitorial system where the court investigates your arguments.

3. Based on the evidence presented, I find that on a balance of probabilities, it is likely that the Balance Tax Changes Act was not appropriately enacted in July Act of Congress - Taxation Act and that this has impacted the plaintiff.

IV. DECISION
In the matter of FCR 120, the court rules in favour of the Plaintiff.
  1. Commonwealth to pay $15,000 in punitive damages to Titan Law.
  2. Commonwealth to pay $4,500 in legal fees to Titan Law.
  3. Executive to investigate incidents of over-taxation and take appropriate measures to remediate.
  4. Executive to remediate verifiable claims of over-taxation to the amount that any taxpayer can reasonably prove OTP Jul - Oct 24.
The Federal Court thanks all involved.

Back