v__d (Represented by Dragon Law)
Plaintiff

v.

The Crimson Dawn Company
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF

The plaintiff requested the insurance payout on Feburary 19th, 2024 of $60,000. Following the terms of the contract, the defendant denied the plaintiff’s request for the agreed $60,000 payment and instead sent the plaintiff $30,000, which goes against their contract. Although fulfilling an obligation to provide the plaintiff with this amount of money, the defendant directly breaks the contract, as the defendant did not pay the plaintiff the agreed amount of $60,000. The action also harms the plaintiff through causing financial loss and inconvenience since, as per the terms, the plaintiff expected to attain the insurance payout when requesting it. After the fact the plaintiff gave the right files to the defendant, the defendant still refused the full payout to the plaintiff’s company, which can cause great harm to the plaintiff and their company. Had the plaintiff known that the defendant would do such action and give them less than agreed upon, the plaintiff would have never signed this agreement. Due to the actions that the defendant has done, it has caused the plaintiff harm and danger to their company as this is a huge breach in the contract between the plaintiff and the defendant seeing they are an insurance company.

I. PARTIES
1. v__d (Plantiff)
2. The Crimson Dawn Company (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. On Feburary 19th, 2024, the plaintiff requested an insurance payout of $60,000.
2. The plantiff is allowed to take out $60,000 max in accordance with their agreement (Exhibit A)
3. The defendant, denied their request and instead gave them $30,000, which goes against their agreement. (Exhibit B)

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. The defendant broke the agreement between the plaintiff and the defendant and gave them $30,000, not their full amount of $60,000.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $30,000 (Other 50% of the insurance payout)
2. $7,500 (Legal Fees)
3. $37,500 (Total)

Evidence will be submitted during discovery.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 19th day of March 2024

Seal_Judiciary.png

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Luke W-T is required to appear before the court in the case of the v__d v. The Crimson Dawn Company. Failure to appear within <72> hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favour of the plaintiff.

I'd also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

Your Honour, I wish to request an additional 48h onto of what has been provided as I have some IRL Commitments.

Proof of representation

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240320_223631_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240320_223631_Discord.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 41
You're honor

It has been 72 hours, ontop of the 48 hours the defense has requested.

Apologies for not responding sooner, I had irl matters that I had to attend to.

I will however be giving the Defense 24 hours to post their response as it should be written by now and be ready for posting. The matter on the delay was due to me and not the fault on either side.

Alright even though the Defense failed to post their Answer to Complaint, I will not be issuing a Contempt of Court Charge.

We will now be entering into Discovery which will last 7 days.

Rule 4.8 (Interrogatories)​

The Plaintiff and Defendant may ask up to 5 relevant questions while within discovery to each other that they must answer truthfully and to the best of their ability. Answers to Interrogatories must be made within 48 hours of being asked. Objections to Interrogatories must be made within 24 hours. Requests for Interrogatories must be made 72 hours prior to the end of discovery.

Rule 4.9 (Witness Protocol)​

A party may submit a list for witnesses at any time before the end of discovery. In order for a witness to be called during witness testimony, they must be announced under this rule, during discovery. Any witness may be objected to according to the objections laid out within rule 6.3.

Failure to adhere to the timelines of this rule may subject that party to a contempt of court charge at the presiding judge’s decision. The presiding judge shall include a warning regarding the timeline when summoning the witness.

Given Discovery is now over, we will be transitioning into Opening Statements.

The Plaintiff has 72 hours to provide their Opening Statement.

Thank you you're honor
My client relies on this $60,000 in order to run their business. This is a clear breach of contract as the defendant has refused to give my client their money. It is clear in the contract that if the plaintiff asks for their insurance payout they are obligated to receive it. The plaintiff could have great harm financially without the other $30,000 like both parties agreed on.

Due to the defendants actions, the plaintiff has had great distress, and has lost funds due to the defendants negligence, and failure to pay the plaintiff.

The Defense now has 48 hours to provide their Opening Statement.

Dodrio3 is hereby charged with Contempt of Court for failure to post their Opening Statement. I order the Department of Justice to jail/fine accordingly.

Given neither side listed witnesses, we will be moving straight into Closing Statements. The Plaintiff has 48 hours to provide theirs.

You’re honor

May I please request a 12 hour extension

I apologize for the delay you're honor.

It has been shown throughout this whole case, that the plaintiff has experienced financial distress. As the contract clearly states that the plaintiff will receive their whole insurance payout. The defendants actions have caused my client great harm since this has occurred and this action needs to be addressed right away. The client has been told that the insurance payout is $60,000. The defendant has instead given $30,000 which goes against the agreement.

I apologize for the delay you're honor.

It has been shown throughout this whole case, that the plaintiff has experienced financial distress. As the contract clearly states that the plaintiff will receive their whole insurance payout. The defendants actions have caused my client great harm since this has occurred and this action needs to be addressed right away. The client has been told that the insurance payout is $60,000. The defendant has instead given $30,000 which goes against the agreement.
Is this your Closing Statement?

Very well, the Defense now has 48 hours to provide their Closing Statement.

Your Honour I have not been employed at lovely Law for nearly a month now. Thier for I haven't been working this case for that time and someone else should have taken over.

Hello, sorry for the late response, Lovely Law has had a lot of the Staff team shifted. I'll be the Attorney taking over the case for Lovely Law.

Hello, sorry for the late response, Lovely Law has had a lot of the Staff team shifted. I'll be the Attorney taking over the case for Lovely Law.
Given the Defense missed their Closing Statement and no extension was asked for by either of the Attorneys running the case for the Defense.

Due to the fact that I am unable to pinpoint who is at fault for the missing of such a statement I will not be issuing a Contempt of Court Charge.

To be clear, I understand there is a law firm however precedent states the attorney responsible is go be charged.

We will now be in recess pending a verdict.

Verdict

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

v__d v. The Crimson Dawn Company [2024] FCR 41

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. The Defendant is in violation of the contract for failure to provide insurance of $60,000.
2. Only $30,000 was paid when the total amount should have been $60,000 according to an amendment in the contract.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. Appeared but no defense given.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. So, one issue I have with this case is that the CDI has the power to judge if fraudulent activity is within the claim and going beyond the CDI has the power to then decide the payment that is to be made.

1713992546813.png

- CDI Contract of Insurance for the Golden League

2. The fundamental argument I see from the Plaintiff is, was the Defense required per contract to pay out the $60,000 that was amended to the contract? This I fail to see. I see that the Defendant went and reviewing the insurance claim and deemed that only a $30,000 payment was needed which is under their own right. I do sympathize that the Plaintiff may have truly needed that full $60,000 however no proof was provided.

IV. DECISION
1. I hereby rule in favor of the Defense.

The Federal Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back